“The Best Bread Around The Clock”
Review of Bova's Bakery

Bova's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 105 Dessert in Boston
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Bova Bakery has been around for years in the North End of Boston. It is famously known for it's bread. It is crusty, artesian style...It's a fantastic sandwich bread, and soaking up the sauce bread. I've been going there for 35 years, and has never failed...NOT ONCE...It's also quite unique and a destination bakery.....And I'm a picky chef...

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This bakery is off the bearlten path on a corner in the North end. This place was recommended to me by a friend who attended BU. The place wasn't fancy, but the cannoli was marvelous. Like the three little bears-it wasn't too big, not to small or sweet. It was just right.. 2 thumbs up!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The florentine cannoli is delicious. It's a must eat that day. Small bakery. A bit confusing when you're in there as it's always packed with people. Small family runs the store. Prices are a tad high, but I suppose 3.50 for a cannoli is better than 7.50 at some restaurants. I liked the filling, very flavorful..typical ricotta blend...the shell was light and crispy. We purchased black and white cookies as well. They were cakey with plenty of frosting. Everyone says try Mikes Pastry or Modern bakery, but a woman on the street said they are good but since they've become so commercialized, they've gone down hill. She recommended Bova's. Good choice, and it's not that far from the other two places.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Sorry "Mike's" but Bova is better. Off the tourist routes so the crowds are less, you can actually take your time and survey the great desserts they have to offer. The cannoli's are the best in town. Really worth the short walk off Hanover Street. All their food is great,Desserts are out of this world, cookies, wonderful deli meats, Calzones, and bread. A true taste of Italy.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

As a visitor to Boston, I wanted to try authentic cannoli's. Since Bovas was highly rated, I went there and got a mini Chocolate chip cannoli. It was delicious! The friend we were with said we had to try Mikes pastries too, so we walked straight over there to get another cannoli- I liked Mikes cannoli better. I'm still rating Bovas highly because I enjoyed it and service here was better- the ladies were helpful and pleasant.

Been to Bova's Bakery? Share your experiences!