“A little disappointing this time.”
Review of Lucca Back Bay

Lucca Back Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucca Back Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Garrison Street
Transit: Prudential or Copley on Green Line or Back Bay on Orange Line
Description: Lucca Back Bay is the sister restaurant of Lucca in the North End. The Kitchen, headed by Andres Cruz, embraces classic Italian cuisine with a contemporary approach. Andres works closely with the finest purveyors and local farmers to ensure that nothing but quality produce enters his kitchen. From house-made pasta and breads, to handcrafted desserts, the cuisine is a thoughtful, well executed, process. Lucca Back Bay offers two dining styles. The elegant main dining room at Lucca Back Bay is the perfect place to relax and enjoy world-class cuisine and exceptional service in a fine dining atmosphere. The cozy and intimate lounge at Lucca Back Bay is a great place to hang out after work, whether that's at 5pm or 1am. We have been told that we have the best burger in town, a staple on our bar menu which is served nightly until 1am. We stay open until 2am every night, with a large industry following, and feature a large collection of house-infused spirits.
Hallowell
“A little disappointing this time.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We loved our first visit to Lucca a couple of years ago, but I was a little underwhelmed by the uninteresting taste of the chicken I ordered. My husband really liked the rabbit dish, however. Nothing was terrible, but it did not seem unusual in any way. Granted it was a Monday night, and maybe I just ordered the wrong thing.

Most of the menu was fish or seafood and there was very little about our dinners which would have suggested an Italian background. Lovely desserts saved the evening

The service was friendly and efficient and the decor is pleasant.

Visited June 2013

Midwest
“FamILY Dinner”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

In the midst of Boston Graduation madness, I secured a reservation on Saturday May 18 at Lucca Back Bay.

We were seated immediately on the upper level of this lovely low-lit restaurant.

Our server was quick to appear and take a drink order.

We had carpaccio, antipasti to start and a variety of pastas and entrees. Everything was wonderful.

The downstairs was very very loud and at one point a huge group of men at that bar were obnoxiously loud. But that was resolved and is the reason I am not reviewing with 5 stars.

I would classify this as a romantic and elegant choice.

The service was first rate and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a special evening or a business dinner where you want some elegant atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Outstanding Dinner”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family had a most enjoyable dinner this past weekend at Lucca's from the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with a warm welcome. The atmosphere and service was fabulous and well the food - was outragious. We started with the calamari and salmon tartare and went from there and each course was better than the last. Cannot say enough great things. Would definitely recommend and will definitely go back on our next visit to Boston.

• Visited May 2013
Kennebunk, Maine
“Last minute Sunday Night Dinner”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I arrived late in the afternoon on Sunday for a 3 day conference at the Hines and stayed across the street at the Colonnade. After a meet and greet at the Hines we made a reservation at a chain restaurant in th Pru Marketplace which was close by our hotel. We were starving and did not want to wait 45 minutes, so I stepped outside and consulted Trip Advisor and saw that Lucca had a Back Bay location (I'm a big fan of their North End location) 2 blocks away! I called and to my surprise they said they could seat us right away. We turned in our buzzer from the chain restaurant and quickly dashed over to Lucca's.
We were not disappointed. A very nice ambience awaited us with high ceilings, soft lighting, and attentive staff. We started off with some pellegrino and warm bread with a ground white bean spread that was healthy and delicious. Once we decided on our food order, we tried the Franciscan Cabernet which was a perfect blend for our meals.
We both started with a Cesare salad (sans anchovies-since we're both anglophiles) that was perfect in flavor and freshness. My wife had the Pappardelle pasta offering with mushrooms and I had the sirloin dinner which were both cooked just right and extremely flavorful. And of course another glass of Franciscan! We saw what looked like fabulous desserts go by to other tables but were tired and just finished with very fresh coffee.
A very nice place to dine in Downtown Boston, I would go again.

• Visited April 2013
Naples, Florida
“Shinning Star”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great bar lounge - cozy and comfortable. There is such a good diverse selection of menu items that it was hard to choose, but the lamb shank won the vote. Most delicious! The best part of the dining experience was the service. My server, Jessa, was outstanding. So personable and attentive.

Visited April 2013