“Anniversary Celebration”
Review of Gaslight Brasserie

Gaslight Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaslight Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 3,261 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Waltham St.
Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate here for our anniversary dinner on Feb 1st and were very happy with our dinners! We split our appetizers which were a tossed salad and escargot. Both were excellent. No grit in the escargot, like at other establishments, just a terrific base and melt in your mouth snails.

For our entrees, I had the duck, as I noticed other reviewers mentioned how good it was. I enjoyed it and ate every bit that I could. I had expected it to served in slices but it was on the bone. My only complaint is that the skin was not crispy, as I had thought it would be. Other than that, it was very tasty and tender. My husband had whatever the special for Sat nite was - I think it was some kind of beef that he just loved.

We shared a slice of cake for dessert that we both enjoyed but not anything especially memorable.

All in all, we both agreed we would come back here soon.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Gaslight Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Laurie,
Thank you for dining with us.
I will share your kind and constructive comments with Chef Michael and staff.
Jeff Gates

There are newer reviews for Gaslight Brasserie

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a small event at Gaslight, so we planned everything with the staff well in advance and they were so helpful and responsive. The results were terrific--great food and everyone had a wonderful time. The noise level was a bit high, but we had a big table and were trying to talk to everyone. It's probably less noticeable with a smaller table, or especially a booth. The waitstaff is always friendly and helpful whenever we go; this was our third time at Gaslight. We will be back again soon.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Gaslight Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Wonderful to read of your continued positives experiences with us.
I will share all of your comments with our staff at pre-meal.
Jeff G

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday evening. Immediately you get the impression that service will be poor. Noone has any control over anything. Waiters are not trained and just lean across customers and generally not tactful.

The room is far too dark and it was very hard to read the menu. I have been here daytime and it is a far nicer environment.

The food was good but both out decisions were over-seasoned.
Quite pricey and probably would not return.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Gaslight Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Sorry you did not find your experience more enjoyable.
I will share your constructive comments with our team.
We have and will do better.
Regards

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Ate here with some friends. It was bustling, and the food was good. Nothing to complain - recommend you check it out.

Jeffrey G, Owner at Gaslight Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for dining with us SamSung.
Glad you enjoyed your meal.
Jeff Gates

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Last night we went to Gaslight for a casual business dinner. I was very disappointed in my choices in that although portions were reasonable size, I found the main ingredients to be very skimpy. I had a pear salad that had only a few tiny cubes of pear. At other restaurants, similar salads were much more generous with their fruit - honestly, how much could a half a pear cost? A few thick slices would have made this a special salad. But the biggest disappointment was that staple of bistros - coq au vin. I pictured what I'd had in restaurants here and abroad and instead what I got was primarily a bowl of noodles with a few small shreds of chicken. These shreds were so small (and few) that I could hardly tell they were chicken. If I were not in a business setting, I would have sent it back. I don't particularly like noodles and could not tell from the menu description that this was primarily a noodle dish rather than a meat dish. As written, the menu suggested that it was chicken accompanied by noodles and not the reverse. As for prices, the pear salad was $9.25 and the coq $19.50. You can do the math. Given the small amounts of main ingredients in these dishes, I have to grade the value at Gaslight as very low. I was sorry that the meal was so inadequate because the atmosphere was good and the service was friendly and professional. I may or may not try Gaslight again to see if I have the same experience. I work nearby and we are always looking for places to take business guests for dinner, and Gaslight could be dropped from our list. So if you do eat at Gaslight, really question the waiter for details about your dish to make sure it is what you think you are ordering - and good luck.

2  Thank GreentreeMA
Jeffrey G, Owner at Gaslight Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for dining with us Greentree.
Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your meal.
Consider contacting me directly at 617-721-0377 or by email at jeffgatescares@aquitainegroup.com.
I will share your constructive comments with chef Michael.
Respectfully,