“Great Brunch Rendezvous”
Review of Gaslight Brasserie

Gaslight Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaslight Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 3,261 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Waltham St.
Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great brunch spot for the basics.... And those spicy bloody Mary's are to die for. It's not a cheap place & is not one of those breakfast places where you clutch your chest as the pounds of bacon find their way to your arteries... But good quality is excellent, kid friendly for sure, and overall a very nice place for brunch... Get there early & make a reservation ... It fills quickly.

There are newer reviews for Gaslight Brasserie

Reviewed March 14, 2013

For a fun "fancy" meal in Boston, I would absolutely come back here. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding, and the atmosphere was great.

My friend and I shared the fondue appetizer (totally recommend) and the bacon onion tart (good, but not as good as the fondue). I had the bar steak for the main course which was very good. We were talked into a side of brussel sprouts. I've never had brussel sprouts before and they were tasty although not the best thing I've ever had. And then for dessert, we shared the chocolate beignets and the molten chocolate cake. Way too much food for two people- one dessert would have been fine. I recommend the molten cake over the beignets.

And the drinks were delicious. I had the drunken bee and the casablanca and I would have both again.

Reuben was our server and he was great, as attentive as you would expect in a nice restaurant but not at all stuffy.

The prices weren't crazy but it was certainly on the upper scale (our total bill before tip was about $140) but that was a full three course meal for each of us and two drinks a piece.

Will definitely go back and definitely recommend!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Probably one of my best brunches I have ever had. Great trendy place at a very reasonable price. Food, service, and ambiance are an A++ for me.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by friends for us to try out when we were visiting Boston and it turned out to be a great experience. As we had traveled by train to the city we were at the mercy of the T in Boston and it was quite a hike in the rain from the nearest T stop to the Gaslight but well worth it. We were quickly greeted, offered extra napkins to dry off and seated at a cozy booth. Bottled water - sparkling or flat - was offered as well as cocktails. Our waiter was great - attentive but not overly and full of some wonderful stories when we told him two of us had experience in the restaurant business. We chose two appetizers which were delivered in a timely manner and warm french bread came beforehand to tie us over while waiting. The steak tartare and onion and bacon tart were both fabulous. Entrees chosen by the three of us were the pork chop, duck leg and one of the two steaks offered on the menu. We all raved about each. Although we were full the Chocolate Beniets and Molten Chocolate Cake called to us and were worth every bite. Would definitly return on our next trip to Boston!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I feel like Gaslight has maybe slipped a little on my last couple visit in terms of quality of food, but overall it's still one of my South End mainstays. The space is as beautiful as ever, all sparkling black and white. Any cocktail is pretty much bound to be a winner. The food is classic French bistro fare-- I particularly love the Nicoise salad and the skate.