“I Wish I Could Give Aisling B&B A Higher Score Than 5”
Review of Aisling

Aisling
Ranked #7 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Milton, Massachusetts
“I Wish I Could Give Aisling B&B A Higher Score Than 5”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dympna and James are the loveliest people you'd ever want to meet: kind, thoughtful, interesting, helpful, humorous, and much more. We had our small wedding ceremony in their sitting room and it was just perfect; the hosts were so accommodating when it came to our guests, flowers, and all of the little details that we had to consider. We are so very, very happy that we chose Aisling B&B--we would recommend it most highly, in every category, to anyone. (And the breakfasts are not to be missed--amazingly good, and you won't need to eat lunch!)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ecraghead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I spent two nights at Aisling B&B and absolutely loved it. The room was cozy, comfortable, cheerful and clean (this is very important to me), as was the bathroom. I was happy to get back to it every night. James and Dympna are kind and friendly but not invasive. We saw them only at breakfast, which was a lavish affair with sweet and savory, tea and coffee and freshly-squeezed orange juice.
Oh, and i should mention that Dympna and James are very good about sharing tips on anything from public transport to local eateries. They left their living room with fireplace at our disposal, and James even drove us to the station when we left. I recommend it highly and the only reason not to stay there is if you are not interested in any kind of interaction with anyone. Oh and location is very convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank msanmin
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Boston last October on business. After the conference we moved to Aisling B & B. What a treat! The location in South Boston was great; a selection of good restaurants nearby and we could walk downtown in about 20 minutes. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast delicious. But what made this a 5* accommodation were the hosts Dympna and James Moore. They accommodated our early arrival and James took time to orient us to the neighbourhood and the Boston highlights. Our airline moved up our departure to an un-godly hour, but Dympna still insisted on providing us a full breakfast. And James drove us to the Airport! Thank you both!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jay F
East Sussex, UK
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights in November, having travelled up from NYC, and it was exactly what we wanted. We have been converted to the B&B experience, to avoid faceless and expensive chain hotels, and this is as good as they get. The place is furnished to a very high standard, and the hosts are always friendly and eager to help.

It is set on a beautiful residential city street, an easy walk to several good restaurants and a bus stop nearby. This makes the main sights of Boston easily accessible by bus, or take a 45min stroll. Car parking space is also available for free if you give them notice - another very valuable commodity!!

As for the breakfast, they have to be seen to be believed but rest assured you will not leave hungry, or bored!! A different feast each morning, home cooked on the premises.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ourarka
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the time I made my booking until I was dropped of at the airport for my flight home, Dympna and James did everything to make my short stay in Boston a very enjoyable experience. Dympna was very prompt and efficient in answering questions I had prior to my arrival and as pre-arranged, James was waiting at the airport to collect me when I arrived. As a solo traveller this service was very important to me.
I stayed in the Murmod room on the ground floor at the front of the house. It was a very comfortable, spacious and clean room. Down the corridor there was a little kitchenette with a coffee maker, cooker, fridge, microwave. and all crockery/glasses and utensils required if anyone wished to have something to eat or drink.
The breakfasts every morning, cooked by Dympna herself, were delicious, varied and very well presented. I particularly liked the home-made muesli, the different fresh fruit served each day, the apple crepes, frittata and quiches. I was able (at Dympna's insistence) to take some muffins and bread from breakfast each morning so as I could have them for a snack later in the day.
Aisling B & B is very conveniently located in a safe area of Boston. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to Copley Square, Downtown Crossing or Boston Symphony Hall and if needed there is a bus stop just around the corner from the B & B.
There are some very nice restaurants within walking distance of Aisling. I ate in Equator (Thai) and Stella, both on Washington Street and would recommend either of them.
I hope to be back in Boston soon and will definitely stay in Aisling B&B. Thank you Dympna and James.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Anne408
New Zealand
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

did I mention the delicious cranberry and Nut bread, and the apple crepes, all calorie free of course!
All the days we were there we were the only ones at breakfast so we had the pleasure of James and Dympna's conversation about all manner of topics and life in Boston itself. They have been in Boston 30 years from Ireland, brought up 4 children, and both worked in interesting professions. We could have chatted all day, but we had places to go, and a warm retreat to return to each day.
Restaurants nearby with a wide range of cuisines on offer. We chose Teranga, Senegalese and superb, (see separate review) about 2 blocks away, or there was Thai, Spanish tapas (always busy, would have had an hour long wait ), Indian.
Boston Medical Center at the end of East Concord street. Neighbourhood felt very safe, bed was comfortable, linen superb, could use the downstairs kitchen to store snacks, and there was a great automatic tea and coffee maker there.
The final outstanding service was a drop off at the train station, much appreciated with our heavy bags, and is all part of the service offered routinely. Thank you so much Dympna and James.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kiwisisters_12
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I visited Boston to spend five days soaking in the art at the Museum of Fine Art, the Boston Public Library, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.

I found this B&B on Tripadvisor, and it was everything positive that people have posted.

I was collected from the airport, a lovely perk for a solo female traveler. My Irish hosts were cordial, thoughtful, and keenly intelligent. I particularly enjoyed Dympna's ready sense of humor and wry wit.

My room was spacious and quiet, the bed comfortable, and there was ample hot water. I was more interested in the bed than the breakfast, often leaving very early to wander around squares and churches before the museums opened. My hosts thoughtfully left me plates of scones or muffins in the evening, which I would enjoy with the pot of tea I made in the adjacent kitchenette.

This was my first trip to Boston, and this accommodation was ideal for me. The B&B was in a great walking area, and I became an evening regular at the lively Flour Bakery is around the corner.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The Murmod Sanctuary room was a step down from sidewalk level, so easy to access. It is larger than...