“Tasty (and not hot) Indian food”
Review of Mela

Mela
Reserve with OpenTable
Mela is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #513 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Boston. MA
“Tasty (and not hot) Indian food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We walked on Tremont street and decided to stop at Mela for an Indian dinner. The wait staff was cordial and efficient. The menu had many vegetarian and sea food offerings. I asked for my Subz Panchmael to be mild and my friend asked for his Shrimp Masala to be medium hot. The chef nailed the degree of "hotness" on the head. It was perfect. Both dishes were full of flavors as the spices were done just right. The onion naan was fresh and savory. We were disappointed that Mela ran out of Badami Kulfi before 9 PM (!), while many patrons were still coming in. We will have to come back for this special desert and hopefully next time Mela will not run out of it.

We paid less than $50 for two (no alcohol).

• Visited March 2014

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Cozy environment with great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The menu had plenty to choose from and everything sounded good. The dishes my fiance and I received were enough to leave us very full. The food was very good with many flavors; I ordered my food medium-spicy and it was perfect. I myself got a vegetarian dish and it was awesome- even the white rise was cooked well. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I'm glad we found this place and I would recommend it to anyone who likes Indian or looking to try something new. It is a little cramped inside but whatever, it didn't detract from our experience.

• Visited November 2013
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Great Weekend Brunch Buffet”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've only been here once on a Saturday afternoon for their buffet, and it was really good. I typically don't like buffets, but this one was much better than expected. The restaurant itself is pretty small, but it wasn't too busy. Our waitress was very helpful and gave us recommendations on her favorite dishes. Everything was very flavorful. They bring out fresh naan to each table when you sit down to go with all the food. Prices were incredibly reasonable as well, since we left absolutely stuffed.

• Visited September 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Great lunch”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We went in on a Saturday for lunch. We ordered off the menu not the buffet. It was a good meal. The service was great...no issues. Not overpriced...just delicious!

“Outstanding Indian Food”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Go here for a great Indian! One of the tastiest Indian restaurants I've ever eaten! Ok, the layout isn't fancy or even comfortable, the tables are packed in, so it feels like the people next to you are sitting with you but the food was outstanding. Chicken Tikka Masala was perfect. Service was OK too....

Visited November 2013

Been to Mela? Share your experiences!