WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“A nightmare to deal with. Overbilled for several extra nights. Had to chargeback.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

If you or family are receiving treatment at one of the area hospitals, the location can not beat.

However, the hotel was a nightmare to deal with. Booked a stay of over a week while a family member was having surgery at Children's. We were advised to book based on our longest projection and that we could check out early if there was an early discharge. This was confirmed verbally when the reservation was made, at check-in, and at check-out, as well as in writing.

The hotel ended up booking us for nearly an extra week, despite advising the hotel 3 times that we were checking out both via phone and the front desk. They repeatedly refused to correct the problem and forced us to chargeback the additional nights.

Other thoughts...

Pros

* Room was fairly large
* Location can't be beat for visiting the area hospitals

Cons

* Hotel Hallways are kept very dark
* Non-Smoking floor constantly reeked of smoke
* Water pressure in the shower was extremely week
* Attached restaurant was poor

Stayed December 2010
1 Thank LarryLegend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Massachussetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

I stayed at this property while my husband was in the hospital and can not say enough about how helpful the staff was to me. The were considerate and helpful in all ways possible. My room was great, clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in the Boston area or if you need to be in the Hospital area. They really do know how to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
baybeeblues, Director of Sales at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, January 21, 2011

North Adams, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

We stayed for the location, as we had appointments at Dana Farber next door. We were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant and had a great quick dinner. The rooms were clean as was the entire hotel. I can't say enough about the great housekeeping staff, as in our rush to leave, I left an item in the room that just cost me over $ 300. I called the hotel back over the weekend and the housekeeping supervisor returned my call on Sunday to tell me they found it and would send it back to me. I was thrilled!!
I appreciated the medical discount also and plan to stay there again when we need to be in the area and looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I just booked my January 12th reservation with "Noah". He was efficient and personable. If the hotel is as good at customer service as he was, I'm looking forward to my stay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Reservations person couldn't have been more helpful. Very flexible in dealing with patients and their families.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The Staff and I appreciate your comments and your taking time to post them on our behalf! We are pleased that we were able make your stay enjoyable and succeed towards our goal of exceeding our guests expectations! We take all of the comments posted on Trip Advisor seriously and strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction. The Fitcorp Fitness Center is a wonderful full service facility that no mere hotel fitness center can compete with - and they are very close - please come back to stay and we will ensure that you find it!

Brandon, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Excellent staff (including Noah, who helped me with my lost charger) and accommodations, free internet access and with a central location in Boston close to major medical centers make this a wonderful place to stay; I'm surprised they are not filled to capacity every night! Only drawback was the lack of fitness center/exercise room (even one treadmill would have been nice). They did offer a discount at a nearby fitness center ($10/day), but I was never able to find the place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

We were in Boston for a procedure at Childrens Hospital of Boston and made a reservation at Best Western so I could be close to my daughter and wife after the procedure and not drive the 2 hours home at night and again in the morning. We received good news after the procedure but due to the nature of a hospital and the busy schedules of doctors we were not told we could go home for the night until after the 4PM cancellation time. I called at 4:50 PM and was told by the representive after speaking to his manager that we would not be charged the night stay after cancelling late. This is greatly appreciated and finacially a great help. Best Western showed compassion and understanding to a family that is going through a hard enough time dealing with a childs illnessand not to worry about losing money to return home to the comfort of our own house. Even though I did not spend a night in this Hotel I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Boston for what ever reason. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo