“great place to stay”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed January 29, 2010

The room was nice & clean. We stayed here 3 times last year for medical visits to Boston Children's Hospital. This is the best place we've found in Boston. The restaurant was overpriced for the little bit of food provided; we only went there once until we discovered the Food Court. We LOVE the food court. My daughter, 7 year old, was so excited to have multiple food choices - McDonalds, chinese, mexican, etc.. She loved having Dairy Queen, Dunkin Donuts, etc., plus an escalator to ride up. We're staying here again for our next visit this summer. It was handy to have CVS as well to purchase snacks & milk for bedtime and for return trip home.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed January 9, 2010

~bad service
~not clean
~parking is awful and expensive

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2009

This was a business stay for 2 nights. I arrived in the morning at around 7am, after catching a red-eye flight from the west coast. They said they had absolutely no room for me to check in early. I desperately needed a room to look presentable for the packed day. The reception staff kindly gave me keys to a 'store room'. It really helped me to start the day well.

The hotel is quite old, in need of renovation. But it is clean and that's very important to me.

I had the larger suite with a microwave etc. The room size was decent. Not much to speak of, but reasonable. I probably wouldn't have opted for the larger room myself, but it was organised for me.

The internet for some reason only worked intermittently.

Location was great as I had to be around the hospitals.

The T line was only a short walk in either direction.

Not much to eat around the hotel though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2009

While my daughter was hospitalized I stayed at the Inn at Longwood which is conveniently located near Boston CHildren's Hospital. The last day I was packing quickly and I left a valuable item in the room. I called the following day and the item had been responsibly checked into housekeeping and the supervisor handled the shipping (including insuring the item) promptly. It is nice to know that there are still a lot of honest people who want to do right by the customer.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here before because of its proximity to the hospital where we had appointments. The ease and convenience made it a certainty we would stay here again. I have surgery coming up this month and had to reserve rooms for extended family. Bill, the Director of Rooms, was very patient in listening to my needs and went out of his way to accomodate us. I doubt we would have received this attention to our particular needs elsewhere. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Due to surgery at Boston Children's Hospital, my family had reserved a suite for 10 nights at the Best Western Inn at Longwood Medical. Complications meant we needed an additional 13 nights. In the middle of those additional nights the hotel had two nights with 100%+ occupancy. My family would have to leave the hotel, find new accommodations, and move back when a room was available. I called customer service, who explained my dilemma to the Director of Rooms and a few minutes later our stay was extended for the additional days needed. This hotel is close to the major hospitals, colleges, and Fenway Park........I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Business trip with over 50 colleagues. Hotel had delicious hors d'œuvre ready for us when we arrived. Guests from the Inn at Longwood can use a gym just two or three blocks away, but I just ran around the back bay fens instead. Can't address the topic of value, because I never saw the bill. I have never submitted a review to a travel site like this before, but I thought Noah and the housekeeping staff deserved recognition for making sure I got my lost clothing items back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#9 of 86 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!