“Customer service above and beyond!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Longwood Medical

You added The Inn at Longwood Medical to your Saves list
The Inn at Longwood Medical
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   342 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (Fenway / Kenmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Massachussetts
“Customer service above and beyond!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Due to surgery at Boston Children's Hospital, my family had reserved a suite for 10 nights at the Best Western Inn at Longwood Medical. Complications meant we needed an additional 13 nights. In the middle of those additional nights the hotel had two nights with 100%+ occupancy. My family would have to leave the hotel, find new accommodations, and move back when a room was available. I called customer service, who explained my dilemma to the Director of Rooms and a few minutes later our stay was extended for the additional days needed. This hotel is close to the major hospitals, colleges, and Fenway Park........I recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Business trip with over 50 colleagues. Hotel had delicious hors d'œuvre ready for us when we arrived. Guests from the Inn at Longwood can use a gym just two or three blocks away, but I just ran around the back bay fens instead. Can't address the topic of value, because I never saw the bill. I have never submitted a review to a travel site like this before, but I thought Noah and the housekeeping staff deserved recognition for making sure I got my lost clothing items back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Once home and unpacking my bag after a week's stay at the Inn, I realized that I'd left a personal item behind in my room. When I contacted the hotel, I was referred to Mr. Noah Gopin, the Housekeeping Supervisor, who handled the matter with courtesy and efficiency. My "lost" item was returned to me within a couple days of speaking with Mr. Gopin.

Clifton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I e-mailed a reservation 6 weeks in advance requesting a room with 2 beds. I phoned a couple of days prior to our arrival to confirm the reservation and request. Upon arrival (one hour after the 3 pm check in) was told there were no rooms with 2 beds! They offered to take about $15 off, which is the rate you would pay anyway! Also 2 comps in the restaurant for a "full american breakfast". The waitress at the restaurant told us (after we ordered) that the "full american breakfast) was pretty much coffee and toast.

The room was very small, the pillows were like balls, the tv had several channels with a frozen picture and/or no sound. It was clean and located near Fenway Park-our weekend destination.

Overall it was ok. However, I feel when a hotel cannot accomodate your only and most important request, nothing else really matters.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank FF184
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely accommodating this was most important to me as I had a short time to complete a large task. The concierges Ramon knew his way around Boston and never failed me when I needed recommendations on parking or a resource to provide a solution or solve a problem.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank chilinfla
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I recently stayed at the Best Western Longwood for business travel. I have stayed there several times now, and have always found the staff to be very courteous and helpful. The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. This stay I left my laptop computer in the room and did not realize it until I was at the airport. I called the hotel and learned that they already had my laptop locked away and identified as mine. They kept it locked up until I could check my workplace procedures for appropriate return, and then shipped it back to me (only charging a modest $5 fee for all their efforts, which included packing up the computer and taking it to the UPS store). The housekeeping supervisor was exceptionally helpful throughout the whole process.

1 Thank TRN77
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The hotel is convenient located next to Harvard Medical School and the guests appeared to be a mixture of patients/families and other visitors to the medical facilities. Hotel is about a $40 ride from the airport. For local transportation, it is within easy walking distance to the green T line. My room on the 7th floor was just average with a very small bathroom which had chipped and peeling paint sections on the wall. Toiletries provided were minimum (two bars of soap and one little bottle of shampoo). Walls were thin as I could here the conversations of my next door neighboor and the flushing of the toilet. Now for the good part. There was a great selection available from the room service menu which was reasonably priced with fast service and very tasty. The hotel restaurant also provides very nice service and a good bar. Accessible from the elevator on the second floor is a food court that includes some small shops and a CVS. Staff were very polite and the concierge was knowledgeable.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jcre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
enVision Hotel Boston
The Midtown Hotel
The Midtown Hotel
#65 of 82 in Boston
3.5 of 5 stars 2,641 reviews

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!