“Convinent to Hospitals”

Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Florida
“Convinent to Hospitals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because it is a stones throw from Children's Hospital Boston where my grandaughter was a patient. If it were under different circumstances I would have moved to another hotel, but we needed to be very close. The hotel is older and in need of updating. Water went from freezing cold to scalding several times during each shower. Our mattress was a bit droopy, the spread and blankets had a funky smell and we found baby roaches in the bathroom and on the bedside table during our stay. We were never able to take advantage of the free WiFi as the system would never let us on. A call to the technical services number resulted in being disconnected after being on hold for 8 minutes. I had to sit on the chair in front of the elevator on our floor and log in on the Children's Hopsital WiFi. On the positive side the staff was nice, the room was quiet and dark (the sun was rising at 5:30am during our time there). Since we were there on a medical rate we recieved a free continental breakfast each morning which consisted of a bagel or muffin, juice, coffee and fruit bowl. I would not recommend this hotel unless you absolutely needed to be within a minute of the hospital. There is a very nice Courtyard in Brookline where I moved to that is only a 20 minute walk to the hospital. Their medical rate is $10 more and offers a free cook to order breakfast each morning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
SouthCoast - MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Longwood when my son was in the hospital for surgery. I was exhausted by the time I checked in - at almost 10pm. I was greeted with a smile and a friendly/professional young woman.
The room was clean and surprisingly quiet for being in the heart of Boston's 5 hospitals and Fenway.
When it came time to check out, another friendly staff member took care of everything and the concierge wished me a good day on my way out.
I was pleasantly surprised....and would definitely stay again - a good spot when taking in a ball game!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

safe walk to Fenway and to the T cheap option for an overnight room was decent enough for a night stay parking reasonable food court next door nothing else close by for entertainment but we got around fine

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Nouakchott, Mauritania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

Unfortunately i was put in a room with the building's airconditioning plant situated right outside the windows (only a few feet away). This consists of a big box with 4 blower fan units on top. When on full they make a roaring sound, and the windows seemed to do little to stop the sound coming right into the room. If it was constant you could perhaps get used to it, as a constant background sound, but they kept turning on and off during the day and night according to the demands on the system, so I kept being woken up. I asked to be moved, and this was only managed on the fourth night of a four-night stay. Then - bliss!

Apart from that, it is a good clean straightforward business hotel, with a very useful food court downstairs, and a coffee-maker in the room (meaning I could make my own breakfast). Great situation. So when I scored "rooms" low, this is the mark I'm giving it for the room I had on 3 of the 4 nights I was there.

The recommendation below is made with this reservation in mind.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

I made my reservations on line and apparently clicked on the wrong hotel. I have stayed at the Best Western Longwood many times and have always had a great experience. So, when I went to check in and found that I did not have reservations at this hotel I was upset with myself. The Manager on duty, I believe, David Gore is his name, found my reservation at a hotel down the road by calling around. He made sure that I was not charged for the other hotel. We enjoyed the stay at the Longwood Inn and I am extremely impressed by the way the manager went out of his way to help us. I highly recommend this hotel and the service they provide!!! Sandra T.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
VT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Great spot for events at Fenway, Museum of Fine Arts, or anywhere in Boston because clean, safe and efficient public transportation is located nearby, Plenty of dining options. Very clean property, I would recommend this address for anyone and everyone because it offers great value in the heart of Boston.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank bosox10
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed here because the grandson needed surgery at Boston Children's Hospital. We expected it to be noisy but it was quiet. The kitchenette suites allowed us to have and fix food if we chose not to go out to eat. Since we were there for 8 days, the existenceof a very clean self-serve laundramat ---albeit in on the 25 th floor of an adjacent appartment building---proved welcome to us and others needing to stay for some duration with family. When a light fixture needed service, the engineering department was there within 10 minutes of my call. In short, it did for us exactly what we needed and the help was quite attentive to our needs. Easy location to get elswhere to sight-see as well. I highly recommend it if you need to be in this part of the city .

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#15 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,761 reviews
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!