“The Inn with HEART in Boston!”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
upstate NY
“The Inn with HEART in Boston!”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Recently our family had the pleasure to again stay at The Best Western Inn at Longwood Medical while our son was hospitalized in Boston. As usual, the rooms and beds were comfy and clean, staff supportive and friendly, and the location perfect (as well as the room rate reasonable for Boston). We have been traveling to Boston Children's for our son's complex heart condition for nearly 10 years now, but until recently we have not been fortunate enough to obtain reservations here during our stay. This hotel seemed to be very popular and availability limited. Once we experienced the Inn at Longwood, we began scheduling planned hospitalizations for our son around the hotel's room availability! We had found out first hand why it was so popular and didn't want to have to return to staying elsewhere. During our last two emergency hospital stays, the inn had no vacancies, but thanks to the caring management and staff we were finally able to get a room. The first time their desk clerk, Amy, (with the help of the manager, Bill Davies) managed to make a room available for us despite their being full to the brim. Then just last week we were again faced with the "no room at the inn" situation and about to give up. The manager, Bill Davies, went above and beyond when he heard of our predicament. We were just about to give up late at night (after checking back frequently during the day for availability) when he raced after us with the good news that there had been a cancellation and he had saved a room for us. It is so refreshing to find that there are still caring people out there who will help you when the chips are down. We will be returning to Boston and The Inn at Longwood again tomorrow for more medical treatment, and are thankful to have this refuge during times of struggle.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank niteowlpam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel many times for 3-4 times each year when seeing a Red Sox game. For Boston, this hotel is very affordable and close to Fenway and a nice walk to downtown Boston. The staff are always friendly and helpful. check in and check out are also hastle free. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed June 15, 2009

So convenient to Fenway Park and other Boston hot spots. We had a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Manchester, NH
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My friends and I needed a hotel for the night in Boston last minute. A good friend of mine recommended the Inn at Longwood (days inn).
I had heard of it before from my days of working in Boston, however, I had never stayed there.
We loved it! Great location, friendly staff and perfect hotel value for our needs.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Northern Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The thing I particularly appreciated about the Inn was the highly successful effort made by the room manager to make sure my family had rooms near eachother and that my aged parents would be close to - but not next to! - the elevator. In addition, the parking situation was ideal: one is charged only once a day, and one is free to come and go as many times a day as one likes at no additional charge. In Boston, this is worth its weight in gold! Thank you to the hotel staff for their outstanding efforts on behalf of my family!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western while my daughter was at Children's Hospital. While it was very convient and close, the problem arose when after we left we checked our statement for our debit card and had been charged twice for that one night. Two weeks later we went back thinking it was a fluke and respecting that people make mistakes, and it happened a second time. Being out $250 for 48 hours while you have already been hit with unexspected medical charges and days out of work is just another burden to place on an already stressed family. As I am sure that it was not done on purpose, they need to pay more attention and offer an appology afterwards for the mistake. It took three phone calls to get the charge reversed and finally on the final call is when they offered an apology.
Great location, but common mistakes put added stress on the families who do not need any more burdens.
Have you checked you credit card statement?
Next time we will use cash

• Stayed March 2009
Cliinton NY
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I was staying at the Best Western because it was walking distance to the college where I was attending a commencement. I rushed out in the morning and forgot that I left my camcorder charger with spare battery in the
wall outlet. I called as soon as I realized my error and was transferred to Housekeeping. The Housekeeping Supervisor personally took on the problem, located my valuable equipment and returned them to me at my home address in Upstate New York. FANTASTIC !!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#14 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,820 reviews
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!