“Affordable and close to Fenway and Boston, worth the trip.”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel many times for 3-4 times each year when seeing a Red Sox game. For Boston, this hotel is very affordable and close to Fenway and a nice walk to downtown Boston. The staff are always friendly and helpful. check in and check out are also hastle free. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Longwood Medical

Reviewed June 15, 2009

So convenient to Fenway Park and other Boston hot spots. We had a great stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My friends and I needed a hotel for the night in Boston last minute. A good friend of mine recommended the Inn at Longwood (days inn).
I had heard of it before from my days of working in Boston, however, I had never stayed there.
We loved it! Great location, friendly staff and perfect hotel value for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The thing I particularly appreciated about the Inn was the highly successful effort made by the room manager to make sure my family had rooms near eachother and that my aged parents would be close to - but not next to! - the elevator. In addition, the parking situation was ideal: one is charged only once a day, and one is free to come and go as many times a day as one likes at no additional charge. In Boston, this is worth its weight in gold! Thank you to the hotel staff for their outstanding efforts on behalf of my family!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western while my daughter was at Children's Hospital. While it was very convient and close, the problem arose when after we left we checked our statement for our debit card and had been charged twice for that one night. Two weeks later we went back thinking it was a fluke and respecting that people make mistakes, and it happened a second time. Being out $250 for 48 hours while you have already been hit with unexspected medical charges and days out of work is just another burden to place on an already stressed family. As I am sure that it was not done on purpose, they need to pay more attention and offer an appology afterwards for the mistake. It took three phone calls to get the charge reversed and finally on the final call is when they offered an apology.
Great location, but common mistakes put added stress on the families who do not need any more burdens.
Have you checked you credit card statement?
Next time we will use cash

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed May 28, 2009

I was staying at the Best Western because it was walking distance to the college where I was attending a commencement. I rushed out in the morning and forgot that I left my camcorder charger with spare battery in the
wall outlet. I called as soon as I realized my error and was transferred to Housekeeping. The Housekeeping Supervisor personally took on the problem, located my valuable equipment and returned them to me at my home address in Upstate New York. FANTASTIC !!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The Best Western at Longwood Medical is conveniently one block from three of Boston's top hospitals: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Children's Hospital of Boston, and Dana Farberr Cancer Center. There is a Galleria with a plethora of food options and shopping attached to the hotel and a 15 minute walk to Fenway Park to watch The Red Sox when in town.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 84 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!