“Just ok”

Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stay at the Inn at Longwood because my husband has treatments at dana-farber and it's very convenient and we get a special rate because he's a patient. I would not stay here for the full price of what they charge for a room. However, Noah at the front desk is fabulous! He is kind and caring and can't do enough for you. Also, Jose at the concierge desk is very accommodating to help with luggage as well. The hotel is old and the heating/air conditioning system is very poor. If you put it on automatic it turns on and shuts off about every 45 seconds so you can't sleep at night.

• Stayed December 2013
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for posting a review and for staying with us while your husband visited Dana Farber. Thank you for the positive comments regarding Noah and Jose ,these will be shared with them and the entire staff. Please reach out to me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if you have time to discuss the heating issue you encountered.
Brian Stiglets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was our second stay (10 days this time) at the Inn At Longwood Medical. Just can not say enough good things about their staff. Front desk staff were so helpful and accommodating - a big thank you goes to Giselle, Noah, Angel, Antonio and everyone else. Jose, the concierge, had a happy greeting every day. Rebecca and Mercedes from housekeeping were wonderful around helping us with nap time for the baby (housekeeping, Giselle and Noah also helped to locate a "lost stuffed bunny" for our five year old - can't even tell you what it meant to him to get his "stuffy" back :-). And a big shout out to Robin and Rita at the restaurant for accommodating our little ones and making them feel like rock stars! You all made a very stressful time (our seven year old granddaughter was at Children's Hospital during this time) so much easier. Thank you. Carol and Toby Stowe

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank thewsm
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Children's Hospital. Hope your granddaughter is doing well. Glad we found the stuffed bunny ! Thank you for mentioning so many of our staff. We are very proud of them and the service they provide to all our guests.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

As usual after reading reviews on this site was a bit apprehensive.Again as usual there was no reason to be, what do some people on this site want? The rooms were spacious and spotless, maid service every day; even with a card for your preferred time of maid service. The bar and grille was nice and Rita made us very welcome. On the reception all the staff were great but especially Jennifer who smiled all day, even when pestered with questions about using the T. and directions everywhere. Very handy for both Fenway and trains downtown this is a brilliant hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tetley98
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate both tremendously. You comments will be shared with our entire staff including Jennifer and Rita. Should you need to come back to the area please feel free to contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com so I can assist with your reservation.
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I got the room at this facility based on convenience to Boston Children's Hospital. My son had surgery there and the hospital wasn't able to help out with housing. The room was average. Nothing spectacular. The ac unit was rattling all night long. The bathroom drains took forever to drain and the toilet wasted so much water. Some outlets had no covers which is a building code violation. The ice dispenser was loud and appeared outdated. Garbage left out by maintenence next to ice dispenser made it seem like they didn't care. The good part, the bed was comfortable and staff appeared nice and professional otherwise. Overall, an average hotel at a convenient location. It just needs updating.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for posting a review and thank you for staying with us. Sorry we did not meet all of your expectations and appreciate your comments regarding updating. Will check on your room and the issues you describe. Will also speak with staff about ice machine and trash outside. Should you need to return to the area please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com so I may assist with your reservation.
Regards
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Inn at Longwood Medical is a nice not too big hotel close to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. In fact, it's a few steps from the entrance to DF, which is most convenient when it's raining or snowing. My husband being under treatment at DF, we lived at The Inn for two and a half months and will be back soon. The beds are very comfortable, neither too soft nor too hard, and the hotel has a restaurant (the Grille) which is directly connected to a food court with many kinds of food. The food in the restaurant is rather good although the service is very slow. If you're in a hurry, avoid it. Also ordering the breakfast to the room is to try one's luck: we never know what's under way (sometimes it's not even under way...)
The guests of the hotel are entitled to a free pass at the gym in one of the buildings of the Harvard Medical School, which was very convenient for me (a very good gym by the way).
Having lived in the hotel for so long, I must mention the cleaning ladies, always nice and available. The same can be said of most of the hotel staff, with a very special reference to Noah. I believe this very customer-oriented young man is headed to a successful career. Being a professional coach, I can recognize the drive when I see it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Clara P
Thank you for posting you review. Thanks for the kind comments regarding Noah and our staff. Sorry about the inconsistency of room service. Will address it with our team. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return.
Best Wishes
Maryville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a super convenient spot to stay. Room was amazingly comfortable! Perfect size, comfy bed, food court attached to hotel. Close to a whole lot of stuff. Giselle I think was the lady's band that checked me in & she was great. Then came the bad part. I had seen some coupons for 50% off breakfast by the cash register. So I came back down & Giselle was gone. A lady names Jenne was there & she was a complete jerk to me. Later in the day while in the lobby I realized she was a jerk to everyone. One guy questioned the room rate & she replied "this is Boston". Was he suppose to be impressed or something? I asked her about the coupons & she asked for my room number. I have it to her & she said, "you can't have one, they're for hospital patients only" I thought if lighten the mood & said, "oh, what it I stub my toe & go to the ER?" She raises her voice then & said, "they're only for patients" now I'm angry. I asked, "who decided that? The hotel, or the restaurant?" She replied in a louder tone, "THEY'RE ONLY FOR PATIENTS!"

If my room wasn't covered by my company, I would've walked out & went somewhere else. It stinks because this is the most quiet & comfy room I've had in a month of rooms every night. And 1 jerk ruined it. Great rooms though.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank D28martin05
Than k for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the positive comments regarding the hotel and Giselle. Regarding the conversation you had with Jenne I am sorry it was not handled better and we will speak with her on how she handled your request for a discounted breakfast. We do offer a complementary continental breakfast for two to our guests that are hospital patients. They also have the option to upgrade to a full American breakfast for 50% off if they choose. We offer this to our medical guests only just as with the patient rate that we offer.
Again I apologize if your request was not handled better,
Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I left a coat in my room and housekeeping was very helpful in returning the jacket to me. It's comforting to know people are caring and honest and no need to worry if something is left behind. Many thanks!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark L
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting a review. Very glad you got your jacket back and we were able to help.
Brian Stiglets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#15 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,760 reviews
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!