“1 person ruined this night for me”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a super convenient spot to stay. Room was amazingly comfortable! Perfect size, comfy bed, food court attached to hotel. Close to a whole lot of stuff. Giselle I think was the lady's band that checked me in & she was great. Then came the bad part. I had seen some coupons for 50% off breakfast by the cash register. So I came back down & Giselle was gone. A lady names Jenne was there & she was a complete jerk to me. Later in the day while in the lobby I realized she was a jerk to everyone. One guy questioned the room rate & she replied "this is Boston". Was he suppose to be impressed or something? I asked her about the coupons & she asked for my room number. I have it to her & she said, "you can't have one, they're for hospital patients only" I thought if lighten the mood & said, "oh, what it I stub my toe & go to the ER?" She raises her voice then & said, "they're only for patients" now I'm angry. I asked, "who decided that? The hotel, or the restaurant?" She replied in a louder tone, "THEY'RE ONLY FOR PATIENTS!"

If my room wasn't covered by my company, I would've walked out & went somewhere else. It stinks because this is the most quiet & comfy room I've had in a month of rooms every night. And 1 jerk ruined it. Great rooms though.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank D28martin05
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Than k for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the positive comments regarding the hotel and Giselle. Regarding the conversation you had with Jenne I am sorry it was not handled better and we will speak with her on how she handled your request for a discounted breakfast. We do offer a complementary continental breakfast for two to our guests that are hospital patients. They also have the option to upgrade to a full American breakfast for 50% off if they choose. We offer this to our medical guests only just as with the patient rate that we offer.
Again I apologize if your request was not handled better,
Regards

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Longwood Medical

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I left a coat in my room and housekeeping was very helpful in returning the jacket to me. It's comforting to know people are caring and honest and no need to worry if something is left behind. Many thanks!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark L

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for posting a review. Very glad you got your jacket back and we were able to help.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I recently stayed at The Inn at Longwood Medical -Boston for medical appointments at DFCI. I found a very comfortable room with the most congenial staff who wanted to help me feel comfortable. The mattresses and pillows are so comfortable and the room was very clean. I have used this hotel two times now and I'm booked for another stay during the month of May. I will continue to use this hotel. It is so convenient to everything that I need.....food, drug store....hospitals....all within walking distance. Noah the concierge was very friendly and efficient.
Thank you, Longwood!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lora C
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for staying with us recently and in the past as well. We appreciate you posting a review and for the kind words regarding Noah. We are all very proud of him and our entire team.
Best

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been frequenting this hotel for many years, today I was booking a visit in the very near future for a medical visit and they were able to accommodate my needs. The hotel is in the middle of the medical district and in a great location for visitors to see Boston. The hotel, restaurant and location has always met or exceeded my expectations and the staff is always the best. Today I worked with Noah who handled my request and needs most professionally and satisfactorily. If you need a good hotel at a reasonable cost with great staff try The Inn at Longwood.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you posting a review and for the nice words regarding Noah. We appreciate you staying with us and are glad you have enjoyed your stays. Please let the staff or I know if you ever need anything.
Regards

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We recently purchased a Groupon for a one night stay in Boston to see Book of Mormon. We felt fortunate to get such a good rate for a Boston hotel. And because I stayed there many times during a family illness I was looking forward to a positive experience.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The king bedroom I reserved was not available. The room overlooked the food court. The beds were very soft and uncomfortable. The heat was difficult to regulate as was the hot water in the shower. The odor in the second room was unpleasant and described as stale cigarette or cleaning fluid.

I don't know if this unfortunate experience was the result of "Groupon" or the the deterioration of what I recall to be an excellent hotel when I stayed there in 2003.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review and for participating in the Groupon promotion. It was our first campaign and because of its popularity we may run another on in July.
Please accept my apologies regarding the quality of your guest room and that you were not happy. The room on the floor you described has mattresses less than one year old. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com so I may have the specific you were in and I can check the bedding and also to apologize further.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Spent Marathon weekend here and feel the rest and care I got at the Inn helped me with my 2nd AG performance. Room was clean, bright and the bed very comfy. It was easy to adjust the temperature in the room, which is a huge plus given the vagarities of Boston weather! The Inn staff greeted me as a marathoner and had a little gift at registration. We also were able to get an early breakfast buffet pre-race, and upon returning, we were delighted by a reception with warm appetizers and cold drinks. A Boston Strong banner hung in the lobby to assure us we were indeed welcome. We are Sox fans, so being near Fenway is a bonus, as is the convenience to the Galleria, where you can get Subway, Dunkin' and other fast food if you need/want. The Longwood T stop (Riverside line) makes travel easy, plus you are less than a mile from Coolidge Corner. I'd like to return next year, so if I were a selfish person, I wouldn't be posting this as we all know how hard it is to find rooms in Boston for the marathon! Can't keep this light under a bushel, however, so if you are looking for a place that is comfy and has standards, yet also offers the friendliness of a much smaller place, this is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: The "very goods" are because it is not right at the finish, if that is what you want and a...
1  Thank 46Andan
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for the review and thank you for staying with us during the Boston Marathon.. Very glad you noticed and mentioned the Hotel's participation during that special time. Hope to see you again next year.
Best Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was in Boston to run the Boston Marathon and this was one of the hotels on a recommended list. It was a bit outside of the center of the action (Boston Common, Hynes Convention Center), but conveniently located near MBTA stops. My husband and I were able to get to anywhere we wanted by foot or train. The staff was welcoming and extremely helpful in offering suggestions for local casual eating and directions. They went out of their way to welcome us marathoners with some complementary food and drink upon arrival and after the finish of the marathon plus a goody bag with souvenirs. The room clean and quiet. Casual dining options were within walking distance too and a food court and a CVS Pharmacy were available without even having to stop outside! I was so pleased with everything about my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during the Boston Marathon. Glad you enjoyed your stay and time in the city. The staff and I appreciate you taking the time to post a thorough review.
Brian Stiglets

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 84 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!