“Outstanding Compassionate Customer Service”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Lincoln, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Compassionate Customer Service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Longwood Medical last year on a snowy night to be sure my son made it to his MRI appointment the following morning. We enjoyed our stay and were looking forward to staying there again last week for my son's one-year follow-up. Unfortunately, we had cancel the reservation very last-minute when his appointment was cancelled. Bill Davies, Director of Rooms, could not have been more understanding of our situation. It is clear that he takes his work with families of Children's Hospital very seriously, and he alleviated stress about the reservation. I highly recommend the Inn, and we will be back when my son's appointment is rescheduled.

1 Thank G B
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for posting a review and the kind words regarding Bill Davies. Both are very much appreciated. Thank you for staying with us in the past and the entire staff looks forward to your next visit.
Brian Stiglets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

In the same building you'll find a parking garage, family restaurant, fast food court and small drugstore. There's frequent MBTA bus service just down the block, and the T Green Line Longwood station is about 3 blocks away. We found it a very convenient base for visiting Boston University, Northeastern University and a little sightseeing. The room was clean and well maintained.

2 Thank jmkristian
Many thanks for staying with us and thank you for posting a review. The staff and I are pleased and proud that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if I can assist with your next reservation.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and I have stayed twice at The Inn at Longwood Medical while I underwent heart procedures. This past week, we arrived home only to realize we had left my child's epi pen for her milk allergy on the bed in the room. I called the Inn, and Noah at the front desk retrieved her
medication pouch and overnighted it to us via UPS. I was very grateful for his assistance and quick response to this situation.

The hotel has many features that make it a good choice for patients and families. Although I cannot say I recommend the hotel restaurant, a food court w/numerous choices including a Red Barn Coffee (similar to Starbucks) and a McDonalds is attached to the property, as is a CVS pharmacy. This pharmacy has a small but adequate selection of frozen food which can be warmed in the microwave, along with snacks, magazines, etc. to make the stay more comfortable. The rooms are small if you do not reserve a suite, but completely adequate, with a microwave and refrigerator. Calls to the front desk for additional towels, blankets and sheets met with a quick response. The walk to Brigham and Women's Hospital as well as the Dana Farber Cancer Center is very short, and can be mostly navigated from inside the facilities, requiring only a few steps outside to pass from Dana Farber into the food court connected to the hotel. This came in handy when I was released from the hospital late in the day and was able to be taken by wheelchair to my family's hotel room to stay before traveling home the next day. I must also mention Diana, who I believe is the kitchen manager at the Longwood Grille. Though the restaurant has issues with food quality as well as staffing, Diana is VERY good with food allergies and helped us to navigate some safe meals for our nut and dairy allergic kids, going the extra mile to check ingredients and even bring out food labels for us to read. I will review the restaurant in a separate review, but leave it said that you can get a basic, good breakfast here, but the food quality and service need improvement.

On a last note, the room on our first visit, a mini suite, seemed far quieter than our 2 bed standard room on the recent visit, where our sleep was a bit punctuated with ambulance sirens throughout the night. So, there must be a more quiet side of the hotel - which should be asked for if you are a light sleeper or recovering from a procedure. Having said that, this IS a city hotel, so sirens are a part of the experience, short of high end soundproofing, which this hotel does not seem to have.

Overall, our stay here was a good one, and if visiting the Boston hospitals in the future, we would certainly choose the Inn at Longwood Medical again. Also, parking in February is free, which saved us an additional $20 a day!

1 Thank 688Dawn
Thank you for posting such a thoughtful and thorough review. The staff and I truly appreciate you and your family staying with us. Very glad that we could help during the trip to the medical area.
Best
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We found the hotel to be a perfect location to Boston Children's hospital. The room was perfect for our family and we got the medical rate. I want to share a letter I sent to the hotel after our stay:
HI,

We would like to thank you and your hotel staff for outstanding service this past January 2014.

We live about 40 minutes north of Boston but had booked a hotel room for our 8 yr old little girls open heart surgery. We had booked our room for 4 days with surgery planned for January 17. The hospital had to unexpectedly cancel her open heart surgery due to the lack of O negative blood at the hospital.

We were shocked to say the least. We never knew that surgeries in Boston could be canceled because of lack of blood for a patient.

The staff at the hotel was great. We were extremely upset at first and in shock. We decided to use our experience to help raise blood donation awareness. A friend had posted our story on the channel 4's face book page. Channel 4 sent a reporter to talk interview our family. The manager made sure we had a private room to talk and film in.

We also needed to cancel our remaining days and rebook for the next week. The front desk staff was great and helped us to do this. We even ended up with a room with a fridge the next week. This was great for my husband and family who used the hotel room.

They told us not to worry about a late check out the day of the canceled surgery! This was a big help to us also. We needed to pack up and drive home and make arrangements to get our dog etc.

Our little girl had her surgery January 22 and is recovering nicely. The surgery went has planned. The plan is for her to start back to school after vacation week.

Thank you for making our stressful few weeks a little less stressful

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pinehurstt
Thank you again for the kind letter. It was my pleasure meeting you and your family. Glad we were able help you during your daughter's surgery. Hope all is well. If you need to come back to this area please let's us know again how we can help.
Best
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Longwood Inn is a pleasant place, great location. Noah is a joy and very pleasant to talk too. He brings a great vibe and upbeat to the Inn. The Inn is located at a great location
Noah - He's a keeper!

Stephanie - Providence RI.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and the very nice comments regarding Noah. That was very thoughtful and is appreciated by the entire staff. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if I can ever be of further assistance in Boston.
Thank you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Recently there for a not so pleasant experience due to a family illness and my family was checked in by this wonderful young lady; Jenne. She took the time during our extended stay to not only get to know our family but make my children feel good and keep their mind from my mothers illness. Each time we passed through the lobby we made it a point to make interaction with Jenne as she kept our minds at ease. Not only is she a wonderful asset to your team she is great at her job; we could see her multi tasking and taking time to speak with guests that have obviously had the pleasure of working with her.

We plan on returning to your property for a more pleasant travel for a Red Sox game and look forward to being welcomed back by Jenne - the Inn at Longwood Medical Heroine!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding Jenne and thank you for staying with us. We are glad things worked out well for your family. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com when you are ready to return so I can assist with your next reservation.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Chose this hotel due to the proximity to a business meeting. My first room reaked of cigarette smoke. My second room was better, but had a variety of other issues: small bathroom, lack of consistent hot water, TV kept losing its signal, and the water tasted funny. I guess if you are a patient, or a patient family it might be ok, but as a business traveler I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Very long hallways Ask for a room close to the elevator. Some rooms face the food court