“Great venue for formal event”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had our wedding reception here. Everything exceeded my expectations. The food, decor, and entertainment were above and beyond. All I had to do was make the decisions, and everything else was done for me. I didn't have to lift a finger. The staff is amazing at The Inn at Longwood Medical. They have events here down to a science. My wedding reception here was honestly one of the best nights of my life. Our guests had only positive things to say as well, and had just as much fun as we did!

• Stayed: February 2014
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for posting your review and thank you for allowing us to host your special event. We are proud that you and so many of your family and guests had such a good time.
Thank you again. bstiglets@innatlongwood.com

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Longwood Medical

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Older dated rooms, hole in bathroom shower near sprayhead, low water pressure. Feels like a 60s hotel with a few updates. Rude desk person checked us in and made it feel as though we were bothering her. Only plus was free breakfast and location next to Boston children's

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DunkinD83

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. Please accept my apology for the treatment you received from our front desk . This is not how we want to run our hotel. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if you wish to discuss further with me.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We recently stayed at The Inn at Longwood Medical and are very happy we did! It was...
*convenient
*squeaky clean
*perfect location
*comfy beds
*friendly staff
*great value
We had lots of questions for the front desk staff since we don't get to Boston often. They were WONDERFUL! Hats off to Jenne and the rest of the staff!
We are "in the business" so we are a tough sell. That being said, I have recommended this Inn to several of my friends! Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

Room Tip: Ask the front desk person what room they'd book their sister in!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your many comments and are especially grateful that you also mentioned Jenne from our front office. Thank you again , if I can ever help with a future reservation please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I just spent two weeks here due to a family medical emergency. The front desk staff (Antonio, Angel, Christine, Noah, Giselle, Jenne) were so very, very helpful, kind and accommodating. It was a very stressful time for our family and all of the front desk staff did everything they could to help us through the two weeks. The housekeeping staff (Rebecca, Ana) were also accommodating as we had a baby that required that they freshen our rooms around nap schedules - no problem! The waitstaff (Paula, Robin, Rita) in the restaurant were wonderful to us and our 1 year old grandson. The Inn at Longwood Medical felt like a community to us - much more than a hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you taking time to post a review and for recognizing so many of our staff members from the front desk, housekeeping and restaurant. We will show this to all of them today along with a big thank you for taking such good care of you and your family. So glad your stay was a good one and we could help during a trying time. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com should you need to come back to the area.
Thank you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We planned an overnight in Boston to visit the Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Gardner Museum and wanted to stay in that area so we wouldn't have to drive around or take the T. The Inn at Longwood is the only place I found nearby and it worked out very well. It is less than 15 minutes walk from the MFA and a little closer to the Gardner. Our room was clean and comfortable and we luckily were on the 7th floor so away from the street noises. The Inn is in the center of a major medical complex in Boston, with multiple hospitals, medical schools and clinics all around it so ambulances & sirens are common but we only heard one all night. It is attached to a mall with a large food court and has a nice full service restaurant and bar. It was pouring the night we stayed there so we stayed in and had dinner at the restaurant which was quite nice. We parked at the garage next to the hotel and paid about $32 for 30 hours which included the discount for staying at the hotel. We probably would have paid $50 if we stayed downtown. Our room was $179 plus tax and the best I could find closer to downtown was $200/250 and up plus those hotels were much further away and would not have been within easy walking distance. The Inn at Longwood met my criteria and was quite a pleasant place to stay. I would stay there again if I wanted to be in that part of Boston.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to start at the 5th floor (5 to 8) so they are all well above street level but the higher...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. The staff and I are pleased you enjoyed your stay and are glad you were able to visit the nearby museums in our neighborhood. Please contact me direct at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com when you come back to the area so I can personally assist with your reservation. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My grandson was recently hospitalized at a nearby hospital. The staff at at the Inn at Longwood was so accommodating with our last minute needs, cleaning our room during times that were convenient for us, and just their overall care and concerns. The rooms were immaculately clean, free wireless internet and super comfy beds. Their restaurant/lounge was perfect for a quick bite to eat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review and for staying with us. Glad we could help during your visit to the hospitals. Hope all is well with your grandchild.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is 5 mins. walk to all hospitals in the Longwood area. I was pleasantly surprised with my whole experience. Very nice bar and grill within the building . Room was comfortable and clean. Staff very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks for the review and for staying with us. Please stay with us again when you come to Boston. It will be warmer sooner !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The Verb Hotel
Back Bay
The Midtown Hotel
The Midtown Hotel
#65 of 84 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!