The Inn at Longwood Medical
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,241 results
All reviewschildren's hospitaldana farberbeth israelfront deskmajor hospitalsfenway parkfree continental breakfastred sox gamemuseum of fine artsconvenient locationdunkin donutshotel restauranthousekeeping stafffew blockssurgerypatientscvs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I arrived at The Inn at 7 PM after a 4.5 hour trip from Maine and found that my hospital social worker had not made the reservation. My heart sank, because I honestly did not know what I was going to do. Luckily, I had Jenne as my clerk! I knew it was too late to contact the hospital to straighten out the error, but she met with the manager and they were able to get me a room at the rate I needed. Jenne was kind and warm, and I hope they give her a big raise! I am very grateful.
Liz

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lizann62235
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for the nice comments about Jenne and our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. And thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while a family member was having surgery- great location- very quick walk to Dana Farber and The Brigham and Womens Hospital. We had reserved 5 rooms for our group. One person in the group had requested and paid for an upgraded room. Without requesting it, I was given an upgraded room. It faced the side street instead of the main street, (which was much nosier.) Others in our group said it was hard to sleep facing the main street. Although not quiet- our room (on side street) was quieter. The upgraded room was a little larger than some of the rooms in our group & had a refrigerator & microwave. Our first night there was the final night of the World Series, so a lot of baseball fans stayed at hotel & said location was convenient to ballpark. The hotel is dark and dingy. Did not find the staff particulary helpful. On our last night, we had requested that they call a taxi for us for 8:45 AM- the next morning. The desk person said he would take care of this. We came down to the desk at 8:35 AM & were told they had no record of this request & to ask at bell desk. The bellman told us to go ourside & hail a taxi ourselves! My sister needed to be in Boston with her husband for a week after he was released from hospital & since they no longer had to be that close to the hospital- they moved to another hotel. The room came with a continental breakfast, which was sufficient. Servers very nice at restaurant. We ate dinner there one night and enjoyed it--good food and good service. There is also a food court and a CVS Pharmacy on that level. Didn't eat at food court but the small CVS was well stocked and we found several things that we wanted there. Nice to have that without going inside. I would only stay here if I needed to be very close to the hospital. The location and restaurant bring a poor rating up to average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeDe B

Thank you for trying our hotel and for taking time to post a detailed review. Please accept my apologies for the taxi not being available and the overall poor service you received. Please contact me direct at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if you would like to discuss further or should ever have to come back to the medical area.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Over the past year, we've had several occasions to stay at the Inn at Longwood Medical and have never failed to be impressed at the service and quality of the rooms. We initially picked the hotel because of its proximity to Brigham & Woman's hospital, but also took advantage of its closeness to Fenway Park to catch a game last August. The staff has gone out of their way to be helpful during what has been a difficult and stressful time for our family and their consideration has been much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom R

We very much appreciate your continued patronage with us. Thanks so much for posting the review. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com if I can be of assistance for your next stay.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The location is ideal if you have a patient at Boston Children's. We stayed for 3 weeks while two children had major surgeries. It was just minutes from their rooms to the hotel. The peace of mind that you were minutes away allowed me to get the occasional nap. I felt safe walking from the hospital in the middle of the night. The concierge was great. Jenne at the desk was very kind to the boys and made extra efforts to make their stay special. We booked a larger room with small kitchen. It was comfortable and clean. The keys did keep deactivating and requiring replacements. We ate several meals at the restaurant which were quite good. The service was a bit hit or miss there. Breakfast service was not as good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 3boymama

We appreciate you staying with us for three weeks and are very glad you were comfortable while visiting the hospital. Thank you for mention Jenne and our staff and for taking the time for posting a review.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This overpriced hotel does not know the meaning of service. A family member had to have emergency cancer surgery. In this past EXTREMELY stressful week, the room has never been vacuumed, we have to beg for cups. Half the time we can't get back in our room because the room cards don't work. Your free continental breakfast is limited to 2 people per room regardless if you have paid for more. The continental breakfast is a joke. If it weren't for the fact we can walk easily to ICU we wouldn't continue to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marcia R

Sorry your stay with us was so disappointing . Your comments were shared with our management team and staff. please accept my apology for the very tardy response. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I can be reached at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com to discuss your stay further or if you have to come to the medical area again in the future. Would be grateful for the opportunity to regain your confidence with us.