“Convenient location, Clean room!”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Haverhill
“Convenient location, Clean room!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff is very friendly and attentive, the rooms are super clean, and the location is unbeatable! I've stayed here a few times and never had anything less than a very pleasant experience. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Boston. The Fenway neighborhood is a quick 5-10 min walk away. The D and E lines of the green line subway are also a 5 min walk, so getting into downtown Boston is quite easy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Thornton, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our king room was clean and spacious and highly recommended if you're planning for more than an overnight stay. The in-room microwave oven, sink, and some dinnerware was greatly appreciated. The mid-size refrigerator was not operating, so the mini-size refrigerator was a barely acceptable substitute. The noise level was acceptable, despite the fact that the 7th floor room was overlooking Longwood Avenue. Dining at the Bar and Grill was better than the average chain restaurant and very convenient. The food court venue offered the standard fare and should be avoided at all cost. The parking was reasonable and convenient with all-day in/out privileges. My wife especially commented on how she like the shower head, with its gentle stream of water.

We were surprised to see that during our check-out a complete replacement of the mattresses was in progress. So I would predict that most rooms will have new and comfortable mattresses in the near future.

The Inn is a great location for visits to the Medical area, and it is a pleasant walk to the Museum of Fine Arts, the Gardner museum or to Fenway Park. Leave your car in the garage and take the MBTA, it's a true Boston experience. Our favorite Irish Pub, Murphy's Pub, located in Brookline Village, is only a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The Irish stew is fabulous and is goes well with a pint.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms that are moderately close to the elevator, since the hallways are very long and co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel during Boston Marathon weekend every year. I always liked it very much, because it is located at a very convenient area and very reasonably priced for what they offer. This year, 2013, was no exception and I stayed there again. Because of the terrible bomb attack that devastated the whole city of Boston on Marathon Monday, I was forced to stay in Boston for another night after the marathon, since I ended up missing my train out of Back Bay. I just ran 26 miles, and walked 3 miles afterwards miserably to get back to the hotel, only to find out that I can't catch my train. However, I did not have a reservation. Hotel was full. Hearing my situation, the hotel manager reassured me right away, that he will personally see to it, so that I will be taken care of. He gave me a room that was reserved for an absolute emergency. Not only that, he only charged me a fraction of what the rate goes for on that night. AND he served me a complimentary glass of wine to celebrate my safe completion of Boston Marathon 2013. I don't think it's possible to get much better than this, as far as hospitalities are concerned. I will stay there again next year for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I almost never write reviews but my experience here has been so terrible. I'm writing this on my last night's stay because of how aggravated I have become. The hotel to begin with is not anything extraordinary, I only stayed here because it was close to where I had to be during the day. The location here is probably the worst if you want to do anything other than be in one of the hospitals. Thankfully it is within walking distance (3-4 blocks) from the T. My room upon arrival was shabby. The one bed skirt has a huge tear in it. The shower nozzle in the bathroom was broken, but they fixed that when the room service staff noticed it, again I'm not normally the complaining type. The water when you get a shower cycles from cool to hot on its own, so you can't get a shower at a constant temperature. The linens aren't exactly fresh smelling, this whole hotel has a funky smell, in all fairness I have a nose like a bloodhound. But the worst of all is the noise, there is some heavy duty construction going on outside and it sounds like a DMZ. I have to be up at 430 to catch my train and I doubt I will sleep well if at all. In addition to the noise outside, the walls are paper thin, you can hear people walking in the halls and kids screaming. Next time I will stay in a nicer part of Boston and just walk down to Dana Farber from the T.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor maybe its quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank theresamarie03
Albany, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed a few more times since my last review. I was just there this week and I was greeted by the same wonderful staff my family has grown to love and appreciate over the past couple of years. Upon arrival, Jenne came out to greet us as she saw us on the camera. Angel and Jose were there with wonderful smiles and a great big "welcome back!". It is a great sense of relief for us to see the same people. People who actually know us. To feel familiar 200 miles from home is an incredible feeling. Without the incredible staff, this would be just another hotel. Thank you so much. All of you. We will be staying several times in the coming couple of months. I would go no where else. The staff is wonderful and caring, that makes it home away from home.

Room Tip: I prefer the kitchenette rooms for the space and convenience of accomodating someone with physical d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location, with its proximity to the hospitals and universities in the Longwood area, is fantastic. The hotel staff, Bill in particular, was great in getting everything straightened away. I highly recommend it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Red Lake Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times this past year and the rooms are exceptional. The staff is awesome and willing to help no matter what. The close proximity to the medical made it so easy for my wife and I when I had surgery at Brigham.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is very scenic, you can view a lacrosse game at times.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#14 of 83 in Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!