“NEVER AGAIN!”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I almost never write reviews but my experience here has been so terrible. I'm writing this on my last night's stay because of how aggravated I have become. The hotel to begin with is not anything extraordinary, I only stayed here because it was close to where I had to be during the day. The location here is probably the worst if you want to do anything other than be in one of the hospitals. Thankfully it is within walking distance (3-4 blocks) from the T. My room upon arrival was shabby. The one bed skirt has a huge tear in it. The shower nozzle in the bathroom was broken, but they fixed that when the room service staff noticed it, again I'm not normally the complaining type. The water when you get a shower cycles from cool to hot on its own, so you can't get a shower at a constant temperature. The linens aren't exactly fresh smelling, this whole hotel has a funky smell, in all fairness I have a nose like a bloodhound. But the worst of all is the noise, there is some heavy duty construction going on outside and it sounds like a DMZ. I have to be up at 430 to catch my train and I doubt I will sleep well if at all. In addition to the noise outside, the walls are paper thin, you can hear people walking in the halls and kids screaming. Next time I will stay in a nicer part of Boston and just walk down to Dana Farber from the T.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor maybe its quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theresamarie03
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Longwood Medical

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed a few more times since my last review. I was just there this week and I was greeted by the same wonderful staff my family has grown to love and appreciate over the past couple of years. Upon arrival, Jenne came out to greet us as she saw us on the camera. Angel and Jose were there with wonderful smiles and a great big "welcome back!". It is a great sense of relief for us to see the same people. People who actually know us. To feel familiar 200 miles from home is an incredible feeling. Without the incredible staff, this would be just another hotel. Thank you so much. All of you. We will be staying several times in the coming couple of months. I would go no where else. The staff is wonderful and caring, that makes it home away from home.

Room Tip: I prefer the kitchenette rooms for the space and convenience of accomodating someone with physical d...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location, with its proximity to the hospitals and universities in the Longwood area, is fantastic. The hotel staff, Bill in particular, was great in getting everything straightened away. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times this past year and the rooms are exceptional. The staff is awesome and willing to help no matter what. The close proximity to the medical made it so easy for my wife and I when I had surgery at Brigham.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is very scenic, you can view a lacrosse game at times.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were 4 friends and we stayed at "The Inn at Longwood Medical" hotel for 1 night. It was very closed to the subway, so it was really easy for us to go everywhere in Boston we wanted.
The room with two Queen size beds was really big and totally comfortable. We slept really good and everything worked really well for us. In our room was a little kitchen with a refrigerator and a microwave! Perfect for us girls! The bathroom was very clean and a big pro is, that the bathroom with the toilet and the shower was able to be locked, but the sink was available, while somebody was showering or using the bathroom!
The service was really good and friendly. Couldn't say anything against it.
Next to the Hotel, or more or less in/under the hotel there was a parking garage, where you are able to park the car!
I can really recommend this hotel and if I will go back to Boston I will definitely choose this one again! :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Date of stay: 3/19-3/20, one night

Pros: Location, restaurant better than typical hotel food,

Cons: AC didn't work, window went to a hallway, no lotion, water smelled, not many amenities (pool, hot tub, breakfast, etc.), pillows thick an lumpy.

The hotel is close enough to the subway (~10 min walk) and close to the medical center. You pay extra for the location. It served the purpose we needed: a place to sleep for the night. I'd stay there again, but mainly due to the lack of choice in that area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Casey K
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I sayed at this hotel with three other friends and it was great!!
The room was big, everything was super clean, the people were really nice and we all liked it very much!!!
The bed was really comfortable and we even had a little kitchen in our room!!!
If i will go to Boston again, i will stay at this hotel again!!!!
I can really recommend it!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The Verb Hotel
Back Bay
The Midtown Hotel
The Midtown Hotel
#65 of 84 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!