“A Home away from Home”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a great place. We are from Bermuda and we stayed there for 8 days in August while my wife attended the Bringham Women’s Hospital. The location was perfect, our accommodation on the eight floor was excellent. You could see the room had been recently renovated. It was better than many other hotel rooms we have stayed in. Staff were first class, courteous, attentive and the concierge was outstanding. I will always stay here when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TeeJ535

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Poor is the best way to describe an excessively expensive hotel. The only good thing is that it is near the hospitals and harvard medical school. Staff was poor, room was poor, one would think a 5th floor view of Boston would be great, but my view is of a stairwell, so no sunshine in my room for a week. The hallway smells like baby poo or vomit. I received a room with the wrong number of beds and when I called the desk they told me they were full. I am also next to the staff lounge so I get to hear them all hours of day and night, the walls are very thin. No pool and no exercise rooms.

This was extremely disappointing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would guess most people chose this hotel because of the location, which is great for the things it's close to, but not ideal for downtown. The subway however is only 10 minutes walk away, and I felt very safe in the area.

The room I had was fine, the bed really comfortable and the shower had good power. I did however have a problem with the free wifi. I could connect sitting outside the lifts, but not in my room. Noah on the desk was really helpful. He offered me an ethernet lead, but that wasn't an option as I wanted to hook up my iPad and my phone. He then moved my room for me, having checked that I could connect OK in the new room.

The next morning when he bumped into me going he took the time to not only make sure I knew the way to the subway, but also got some information leaflets out for me.

The staff (especially Noah) really made me feel as if I, individually, mattered to them. If I'm every back in the area I'd happily book in here again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a great place to stay...Staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean. Nice little mall inside the complex. The food in the restaurant was excellent! (Ate dinner and breakfast there)
Very convenient location...walking distance to Fenway Park, local bars, shops and restaurants.
I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again whenever I am visiting Boston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bianca H
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel largely caters to people having procedures at the nearby hospitals. I had a problem with Expedia and I won't go into the gory details. Bill, the rooms director of the hote,l intervened and solved the problem for me. He had no obligation to do so, he just did it because he understood our issue and tried to help a customer.

The people at this hotel are super nice and the price is great consdering it's Boston.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Decent Best Western in Medical area of Boston - south of the river, west of downtown. Between metro stops - each a 10 minute walk - which you need for getting downtown. Convenience store and food outlets in complex. Had huge suite. All clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Booked a suite late on - king, sitting area, kitchenette, bathroom - as cheap as other rooms
Reviewed September 10, 2012

What a wonderful hotel this is! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the restaurant was phenomenal! I will definitely be staying here again! Very convenient location to Fenway Park, Newbury Street and Boylston Street!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
The Verb Hotel
Back Bay
The Midtown Hotel
The Midtown Hotel
#65 of 84 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!