“This hotel is perfect. Please don't update, yet.”
Review of Hotel Boston

Hotel Boston
Ranked #77 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dear Readers, I love this hotel. I stay here near my brother whenever his house is full. In Brighton this albeit subtle but not that hard to find hotel is just over the edge of his town line. I don't know about the subway, or breakfast but agree the staff are the friendliest, I love the orange theme.
You gotta like orange and I do. That is the sacral, creative chakra. Of course I like blue but if you want to wake up the next day and feel happy & excited the night before, orange is the way to go.

Everything you need: fridge, coffee, USA Today, HBO(!) and the water temperature is usually fine. It is true the walls are thin. So don't have any top-secret conversations in the bathtub(bonus: trading barbs with your neighbors? Free:) Oh god I love it. How often have you said to yourself, "This is so comfortable maybe I don't really need a king bed."

Why am I going on and on? It is because Boston hotels are expensive for what you get and this is an affordable little gem.True, if you park at 6pm and stay you're golden and after 10pm you do have to look a little bit. I only give 4 instead of 5 stars here because this is a motel: I don't want to confuse people with money to burn that this is the JW Marriott Desert Ridge, AZ. But you might be surprised. For me, as long as you have a tub and coffee it's a lot about the color palette.

So many hotels have unnecessary updates. Club Med Sandpiper, I'm looking at you. From blue to red, really?! And it costs millions. It it ain't broke don't fix it.

Now I'm afraid people will find out about this best western and there will be no place to park:)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We will do our best not to change, but as our industry moves forward we want to always make sure we are competitive. Some things will never change though, and you can always count on our personable and helpful staff. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful Holiday.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Close to BC, BU and the "T", the hotel is a comfortable place to stay. Reservations for BU graduation were easily made in advance as well as on a recent spur-of-the-moment stay. Beds are comfortable, the rooms and the general property are attractive and there is on-site parking available. Breakfast is a nice bonus - convenient and tasty. Within walking distance to good restaurants on Beacon Street, although it's a bit of a commute to the downtown Boston sites.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel. We have a goal to become the "hidden gem" of Boston and you couldn't have described us better. We thank you for that. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and hope you and your family have a great Holiday.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

A little tricky to get to but the BWUH served our purposes for a one night stay. Two large TV's in the King Suite; quiet area, coffee in the room, refrigerator for morning juice. Nice touch. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I couldn't agree more that it can be difficult to travel throughout Boston. They did not have GPS in mind when they formed our streets. We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The bed was unusually comfortable; we slept very well. It is conveniently located on a main thoroughfare which leads right into downtown Boston. I have stayed twice at this hotel. The only disappointment is that the breakfast room fills up quickly. It is very small for the size of the hotel, so the breakfast items run out quickly too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a great experience and that the bed was very comfortable. We have made it a point to make sure we add additional staff whenever we anticipate a breakfast rush, so that the food is always readily available. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We read several reviews before booking and they were all over the place. It is by far an older facility in need of upgrade; however, it is well maintained and the staff was wonderful. Didn't have hot water one morning for showers. Internet worked well. Breakfast selections are limited and needs some improvement. The nightly rate is higher than the property warrants. But the location is very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that we exceeded your original expectations. I apologize that you were effected by the hot water situation. We have replaced the hot water heater, and all is well. We hope to see you again in the future, please reach out to me personally and I will be happy to see if I can assist in the nightly rate if at all possible.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is located near a trolley line stop, important in Boston. It has been upgraded since our last stay, especially the breakfast. It was clean, and staff were helpful. One negative-the bathrooms are behind the outside wall, and ours had a broken radiator. Rest of the room was fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback that you provided for us. I could not understand what you meant about the bathrooms, but if you would like to contact me personally I would appreciate some additional detail regarding what you meant. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, we appreciate the fact the you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stay in Boston often and use this hotel for the nice rooms, breakfast and free parking. The T is a short walk as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are average but comfortable and frankly, we are not in the room that much. We prefer a good night sleep which we get.

1  Thank Lynn R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit with us. We appreciate your kind words for our staff. I will be sure to share your review with them. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again in the future.