“Just the basics - and sometimes that's all you need!”
Review of Hotel Boston

Hotel Boston
Ranked #77 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Seattle, United States
“Just the basics - and sometimes that's all you need!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great location, clean and perfectly adquate - and a great value for Boston. I was nervous about the exterior doors - it's been forever since I stayed in a hotel with exterior doors. I was frankly freaked out the first night - arriving late and traveling alone will do that to you. But after that first night, I felt pretty safe. And I would stay there again.

1 Thank Rebecca M
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you kind words. I am pleased to know that even though you had your doubts, you gave us an opportunity to impress you. Thank you for that opportunity, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great price, located across from the Green Line T. About 30 min ride into the city-only drawback. Very clean room and comfortable bedding. Knowledgeable staff and good breakfast. Easy check in and check out. Full size toiletries and spot on WiFi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Walden, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice Hotel with great front desk help. The gentleman who helps repair things in the room is also very helpful. I haven't found one person yet who has been rude. I would keep coming back here, as long as the staff stay's the same.

1 Thank Donna S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass along your comments. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to your return in the future.
Brighton MA, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lovely little spot in Brighton, close to public transportation and everything in Boston. The staff was excellent, attentive, pleasant, and very helpful. The parking lot filled up after dinnertime and parking was limited but we found a spot. Nice quiet spot for the middle of the city. Decent breakfast service and close to some really great restaurants. Watch out the hot water is set really high and I almost burned my hands washing them! Well worth staying on the outer edge of Boston proper instead of a pricey downtown hotel. I can be a harsh critic so it takes a lot to impress me. The hotel is not very new but nice anyway, in a lovely neighborhood, quiet and private!

1 Thank Andrea M
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I apologize about the hot water. I will have a staff member take a look at the boiler temperature right away. I am happy to know that the rest of your stay was pleasant and that we were able to accommodate you to your fulfillment. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Boston, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Boston Best Western on Commonwealth Avenue is economical, comfortable and suitable for both business and pleasure. The ample parking and generous continental breakfast are features that set them apart from other Boston Hotels!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Lynn A
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to know you had a pleasant experience with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
High Wycombe
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here based on price and other reviews. Location easy to find and free parking (a plus for Boston). It is also close to the T train (Washington street) which will take you into central Boston for the sights. We got one of the first floor rooms so the general street noise was minimal and it was nicely decorated and spacious and warm. The bed was okay, slightly lumpy for my wife. The problems we encountered were that our toilet got blocked and the receptionist had to come out in the evening with a plunger to unblock it. In the morning it got blocked again and no amount of plunging cleared it I reported this to the front desk so hopefully they fixed it as well only stayed on night. The only other problem is that we had a interlocking room and noise of the people having sex at 03.00am and then at 06.00am was quite off putting and woke us up. I don't know if all the rooms have interlocking doors but would suggest to avoid these rooms as the sound travels. Breakfast was overall good and basic (cereal, toast, muffins, egg, sausages and pancakes), but included in the price and free wi-fi. Would suggest getting to breakfast early as there didn't seem to be that much left when we went.

Suggest if limited time in Boston going on one of the tours, we took the green bus tour which was very good. Had difficulty finding it though and getting tickets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your experience with us. I apologize you encountered some problems during your stay, but I am happy to know that the staff was able to rectify the situations we could control. We hope to see you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

It's a typical Best Western , by that I mean it's a 'no thrills' hotel so if you want a 5 star hotel with gourmet dining this isn't for you

The location is fantastic , there's a T stop across the road so if like myself you don't drive or don't feel like driving downtown Boston is easily accessible

The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly , it was a pleasure to stay here and if I ever visit Boston again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jason F
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am pleased to know you had a memorable experience with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and location. We hope to see you again in the future.