“Budget”

Ranked #76 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Lancaster, PA
“Budget”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Definitely a budget hotel. Hotel staff was very nice. The room was stuffy and we had trouble with the room temperature (all heat and we couldn't get the room to cool down). We didn't see any rats, but we did see the staff managing the rat traps on the property, so it must be an issue for them. The location, while convenient to the T, isn't all that exciting. After a day of walking and shopping, it would've been nicer to have stayed in the Back Bay area. If you're looking for a decent deal, this hotel will suffice but don't expect to feel pampered.

1 Thank cmz_12
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I apologize that the heater wasn't working properly. In the future please don't hesitate to let us know if you have a problem with your room, so that we can address it immediately for you. As with all hotels, we are very proactive when it comes to pest management. You likely saw our pest control company doing their monthly walk through. Thank you again for taking the time to write about our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved the hotel & staff. Comfortable room (bed a bit soft). Staff accommodating & extremely pleasant. Pricey yet worth it because of location & nearby transportation. You don't need to dal with traffic or trying to find parking. We left our car @ hotel & walked 2 blocks to train, they call "T". Bought prepaid card at store on corner. Trip on "T" is $2 each way. Takes you from Boston college to government center (green line). Great shopping on Newbury St. Blocks & blocks of shopping! Train run along commonwealth ave, and couldn't be more convenient.
If you're traveling to boston, this is the place to stay. More convenient than 5 star hotels!!!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor!!! No pool & no restaurant, although food establishments within walking dis...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback and your kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on offering the very best service to our guests, to ensure they have a memorable experience. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2013

WOW! Nice place compared to some of the other Best Westerns we have stayed in years past. Loved everything about it. Glad I had my GPS to find it. (What is this?? they want a minumum of 200 characters??? Hey I can go on and on about this place but like I said prior--"Loved everything about it". You won't be disapointed about the Ginnetti Best Western. Let's see if I have enough character now :-)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, and the kind words regarding your experience. We appreciated your valuable feedback, and I will be sure to share this with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you return to the area.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When we checked in there was a loud group in the room next door. We went to the front desk and complained and they swiftly rectified the situation. So, the staff is excellent. The room was good size, but very much showing its age. Although the bed seemed new, the carpet and furniture looked old and tired. The couch had torn cushions. The bath was small, which I did not expect in a suite. Definitely not the quality I am accustomed to seeing for the price, but I guess being in Boston is what made is so expensive. I've stayed it much nicer rooms in other major cities (Denver, recently) for a lot less.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate your valuable feedback. I am glad to know that we were able to rectify a problem that you encountered with a swift resolution. We do have a great staff who prides themselves on a service effort that is above and beyond. As for our rooms we are currently doing redecorating and we look forward to your return in the future so that we may have an opportunity to impress you beyond our service.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2013

On my way home spent the afternoon and night in Boston. The hotel was great. Very comfortable room with a fridge and free wifi. Staff are very helpful and provided great suggestions of things to see in Boston in a 6-8 hour period.
Gave directions on how to get downtown via train and were to get off to see the local sights, including the red line on the sidewalk which is a walking tour of the historical buildings.
Great hot and cold breakfast included with your stay. A place I would go back to the next time I am in the area

Room Tip: Inside court rooms where we stayed were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jean F
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and about our staff. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior service. We hope that the next time you are passing through you will stop in and enjoy another stay with us.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Let me first say the staff was very helpful. The room was updated and clean. However I felt the bathroom walls and trim could be cleaned better. The location is key and the nearby restaurants
were great especially the Tasca Tapas. The nearby train system is also a plus.

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ArleneHa
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and location. I have informed my housekeeping staff about the bathroom, and made sure they immediately took care of the trim. I do apologize that it was not cleaned properly for your arrival. We hope to see you again in the future.
Lake Stevens, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location of the hotel was very convenient, and parking was free, which was a bonus compared to other local hotels. However, the room was freezing, as the heat was turned off for all of the rooms as it had been hot two days before our visit, and our individual heater would not control the temperature in our room. Noise from upstairs residents kept us up to 2:00 AM despite complaints to the night clerk. Various features did not work in each of the two rooms in which we stayed, including certain lights. Finally, on our second to last night in the hotel, we woke up to a mouse in the room, who darted behind the chest of drawers holding the TV. Given the totality of the circumstances, I simply cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank William S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. We are extremely proactive when it comes to pest control and we have several preventative room inspections per month. In regards to the broken fixtures and heat I have worked with my staff to repair these problems so that we do not have this occurrences again. Thank you for providing me with your feedback so that I may use this as a training tool for my staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Boston hotels