All reviewskenmore squaregarden roomnorth towercharles riverfenway parkboston universityvictoria roomno elevatorhard boiled eggsbed and breakfasthouse is beautifula small kitchen areaplace to stayhome away from homehot breakfastminute walkrooms are spacious
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Cannot ask for a better place to stay if you hate those big shots hotels at 450$ USD per night. It took us exactly 8 minutes walking to reach Fenway Park and the shopping areas are at 15 minutes walking distance. The room (Tuscany) was spacious and clean. The personnel was admirable with suffiscient information and even took our luggage upstair since room was not ready at 11am which is absolutely normal. Morning breakfast was awesome !!! There is now way I'm sleeping somewhere else on my next trip to Bsoton.

Room Tip: You like Italy ? Go for Tuscany room if available !!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve1967Quebec
Teresa781, Owner at Gryphon House, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thanks for the great review! We think we offer a great alternative to the higher priced hotels, and we're glad you agreed! We certainly hope you will return to stay with us again in the future! Thank you!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our stay at the Gryphon was wonderful!! The service was great and the room beautiful. We could walk to the subway and go anywhere from there! The next time we are in Boston, we know where we are staying!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victoria room and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the third floor, there was less noise, the room was spacious, and everything was clean and readily available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Please do keep us in mind for future visits! We certainly appreciate the positive review--thanks!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ifound Gryphon House by chance. And what a find. This was a great place to stay .2 minutes to the T at Kenmore or if you were feeling fit a 20 minute walk up Beacon Street to Boston Common.Gryphon House has a great feel about it.We stayed in Aeri and not only was it massive but felt very much like home.We could come and go as we pleased and all the staff were great. If you our thinking of visiting Boston do give this place a try.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beautifulbooty

Thank you so much for the great review! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband, my son (14 year old) and I stayed here for 2 nights Aug. 10-12. I had lived in Medford, a suburb of Boston, for a year when I was a student, and it was the first time in 20 years that I visited Boston! I chose this place after many hours of reading TA, due to the following reasons. 1) Gryphon House has 8 different rooms, and you can choose the exact room you like when you book it. 2) It has a room with three beds, and it accommodates up to 3 adults. (A room with 3 beds was rare among the B&Bs in Boston when I looked for one.) 3) It is in a convenient location, being close to T, the subway. 4) Their response to my questions by e-mail was quick and helpful, which is usually a sign of their great service.

ROOM – We stayed in the North Tower Room, the largest one. Although we had the two sofa beds made up in the living room, we still had enough space to open our 3 suitcases and move around.
The sofa beds and the queen bed are all comfortable, and it was quiet at night, so we all had good sleep. The air conditioner in our room (installed this year?) worked fine.
The only slight negative for me is that there was no chair in front of the dresser, thought you could look into the mirror while sitting on the bed.

SERVICE – We arrived a little before 10PM, and the woman (the innkeeper?) at the front desk welcomed us like we were her old friends, which instantly made us feel at home. She not only showed us around the room, but also led us to Kenmore Square, saying we were her last guests for the night.
For some reason we don’t know, we couldn't get my laptop connected to WiFi in our room, so I asked her to print out a map I wanted. (Later I found a desktop PC for public use in the breakfast room.)
Other staff members were also friendly and helpful.
The only thing I would like to suggest to them is that they put their name card on them so that we will know who we are talking to.

LOCATION – You can walk from Kenmore Square, a green line T station, in less than 5 minutes, once you remember the route. There are restaurants, convenience stores, and drugstores around Kenmore Square. We were able to get to Fenway Park in about 10 minutes on foot. If you don’t mind walking for 20 minutes, you can walk from Boston Public Library, while enjoying the interesting view of Newbury St. or Boylston St.

In conclusion, Gryphon House is one of my favorite lodging overseas. We really appreciated the homey atmosphere. (After leaving Boston, we stayed at a hotel in NYC. I asked my son which he preferred, and he said, “Gryphon.” without hesitation.) I would like to thank them and I do hope someday we will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Teresa781, Owner at Gryphon House, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you! It was a pleasure to have you & your family stay with us during your return to Boston! I apologize again for the wifi connection--still not sure what the problem was, but we rechecked our routers and all seems to be in order now. The suggestion regarding the name tags is a good one and I will try to implement that as soon as possible! Very glad your son enjoyed the Gryphon experience, too! Please visit us again on your next trip to the States! Thanks again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recommended to this brownstone bed and breakfast by a work colleague we weren't disappointed. The owner and her staff were friendly and attentive, the public rooms were beautifully furnished and presented - the wall paper is 100 years old and of museum quality! A huge range of DVDs and books was a bonus. No lift to our third floor bedroom, Victoria, the staircase can only be described as a work of art. Our open plan bedroom, living room and kitchenette were light, airy and large and well fitted out. The bathroom had a separate bath and shower. A short walk from the T and a number of restaurants and fast food joints Fenway Park baseball stadium is half a mile away - we could hear a concert held there from our room but it didn't keep us awake. Continental breakfast was fine, plenty of help yourself bagels, cereals and the like. Fruit was always available for guests. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bay State Road are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Teresa781, Owner at Gryphon House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks! It was a lot of fun chatting with you, and, of course I love it when guests are interested in the history and design of the house! We feel very lucky to be able to share this amazing place with people who appreciate the style and ambience of a bye-gone era. Thanks again for staying with us!