“It's ok.”

Ranked #4 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Banbury, United Kingdom
“It's ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The reception was very warm and welcoming and the location is superb for downtown Boston. I agree with some of the other comments on here about the breakfast, its a little disappointing especially when you compare it with some of the amazing breakfasts we have had at other b&bs in New England. The room we had was very spacious and clean if a little dated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family took three rooms at Gryphon House for my mom's birthday, and it was a really nice, warm place to stay -- especially good for our group, which included both couples and a family with children. The staff was helpful, rooms spacious, clean and cozy, and location close to lots of restaurants. The breakfast was modest, but perfectly acceptable. My only complaint was a roof-party across the street that generated some noise -- but that ended by 10pm, and the staff was helpful and sympathetic. Generally, thought it was a terrific choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NY/NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've been staying ehre for almost 10 years. Once or twice every year and I've always been made to feel at home. At first I choose the Gryphon House becasue of the price but now that its more in line iwth hotels aorund town, I still come back for the feeling of being respected, made to feel at home and always a clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: I love the Sanctuary room downstairs. It makes for easy ingress and egress from the parking lot. I...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have just returned friom 5 nights in Boston at The Gryphon. We stayed in the Tuscany Room on the first floor which is lovely and spacious with great features (except for the rather lumpy double bed). Only downside is that it overlks the freeway but the double glazing works very well.
The location of Gryphon House is great - just two or three minutes walk from Kenmore Square with its metro station and some great pubs and restaurants. And it is really quite a short walk from downturn along the very fashionable Newbury Street and in the other direction from Isabella Stewart Gardner's fabulous art collection and the Fenway Gardens.
The people at the Gryphon are friendly and very helpful - allowing us to use their laundry facilities in house (as we were midway on a three week vaction in the East Coast from Australia). The reception rooms are gorgeously decorated with priceless historic wall paper and the continental breakfast is entirely suitable.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a view of the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Ideal location, helpful and efficient staff, lovely spacious rooms, absolutely everything you could possibly want in a bed and breakfast. I'm not returning to Boston unless I secure a room at the Gryphon!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Aerie on the 4th floor which is on the street side. Lovely room, no problem with noi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

My partner and I celebrated our anniversary here and we will both tell you this is an amazing find in a great location in Boston. If you are a baseball fan, even better, it's right next to Fenway Park, and just a 10 minute walk or so to some of Boston's favorite locations. We stayed two nights in the Victoria room, very spacious and roomy - and one night in the Tuscany room, a little smaller but just as wonderful. The staff are wonderfully accomodating and just full of information on local eats and event locations. Just a stones throw from the Kenmore rail station, this little gem is a place we will be back to visit soon. I am very glad everything else around town was sold out and we found this place! Only one thing to note, the front rooms face some of the college areas and on Friday night it was rather loud in the evening, so just keep that in mind, it didnt really bother us, but if it may bother you, just ask for a room in the back, like Tuscany or Riverview, which faces MIT. Stay here and I am sure you will agree with my review!

Room Tip: The back rooms are quieter when the students or baseball fans get rowdy on the street,
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WineMeister
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The place is very nice, and I loved the feel of the vintage look. The staff is very down to earth and friendly, and was able to point out many site seeing places to us. It is a very brisk walk to the T. I was a little concerned that it would be loud since I stayed at the Garden (basement room right next to the garage) but that ended up not being a concern. The guests all returned way before 10 pm and we had very restful sleeps. Will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple