“Great B&B and Great location”
Review of Gryphon House

and 1 more site!
Gryphon House
Ranked #5 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are looking for accommodations near Fenway Park, Boston University, MIT, or even downtown Boston, this is close to all of them. MIT is just across the river; BU and Fenway Park are right there, and Downtown Boston is just a short drive or Trolley ride. The rooms are extremely spacious; the staff is amazing and the B&B overall has a lot a character. It has stairs to access all floors and a lovely small lobby/dining area. Overall, one has to be happy staying here. I had no problems getting a great night sleep.

1  Thank T S

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Gryphon House is a great alternative to staying in a typical hotel. With that said it is not for everyone. Since it occupies a four story brownstone, It has no elevator, you carry your own bags and park your own car. If you can get around these minor issues you are in for a unique experience. The Gryphon House is easily accessible from I 90 and Storrow Drive. One of the Gryphon's greatest assets is parking in the rear of the building for $15.00 per night. This is a great rate for Boston. The rooms are all tastefully decorated and are spacious. They are really more like a small apartment with gas fireplace and luxury bathrooms.

I would consider the location to be excellent being on the edge of the Back Bay and the B.U. campus. A 5-10 minute walk puts you on the Charles River, Kenmore Square or Newbury Street. The staff was always friendly and eager to please as was housekeeping. It is very easy to get attached to this place and call it your own. You will find yourself very content spending time in your room as if it was your own place.

This and other reviews speak for themselves, The Gryphon House is a great and unique place to stay while in Boston. As you are driving home you will already be thinking about your next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank codebluev7
Reviewed October 30, 2011

As always, the Gryphon House was my oasis for a quick stay in Boston. After driving 5 hours in the rain to get to Boston, I found my usual room waiting. A quick freshening up and with Kenmore Sq. right there, I had access to whatever I needed. My only issue this stay was the lack of non- decaf coffee for the in-room coffee machine.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage and don't want to climb stairs, parking in the rear and staying in...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Usually when we stay in Boston, we prefer the North End/Faneuil Hall area. Because we were attending an event near Kenmore, we thought we'd check out this B&B in my old (BU) stomping grounds.

It was lovely! The B&B is nice and quiet; Sarah who greeted us couldn't have been friendlier and full of great advice on where to get a good bowl of soup, help with parking, etc. The inn is beautifully restored and the rooms (we stayed in Riverview - sure, there's some view of the river but there's alot of Storrow Drive you have to peer thru to see it!) were very nicely furnished and gorgeous! The huge bathroom was stunning and modern. And one block from Kenmore proper - it's hard to beat. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I would guess they're all about the same. The stairs weren't that difficult, either.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently had to attend the "Parent's Weekend" at Boston University and was desperately looking for a small Bed and Breakfast close to the school. My daughter had walked by the Gryphon House a couple of times and thought it could be a good place; ended up being more than good, it was wonderful. I was concern, since I had herd horror stories of some places in Boston but the minute I walked in the door, I knew it was a winner! My room was very nicely decorated and meticulously clean; the bathroom had everything I could possibly need and the whole place felt like home. The staff was warm and attentive and the breakfast, very complete.
If I can help it, I will not stay anywhere else when in Boston.

Room Tip: Go to the website and look at the pictures of the rooms; they are quite accurate.
Reviewed October 25, 2011

we love the elegance of this well located bed and breakfast! not stuffy and has a great feel of being with a good friend. wonderful tips on some unique things to do in Boston - this is our 5th stay and we'll be back again!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We recently spent two night at the Gryphon House. It's so tastefully decorated! Very cozy feel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We could walk to restaurants and the symthony hall. Will stay there again on our next visit to Boston.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business