“Excellent Indian Food!”
Review of Kashmir

Kashmir
Reserve with OpenTable
Kashmir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #465 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Gloucester Street
Transit: Green Line: Hynes Convention Center or Copley T Stop
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Kashmir is an excellent choice for vegetarians and anyone who loves Indian cuisine. Extensive menu and large portions! YUM!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had dinner at Kashmir Sunday evening, Sept. 2 and were very pleased. We ordered a bottle of Peachy Canyon Zinfandel that complimented the spicy Indian dishes. We ordered the vegetarian dinner for two and enjoyed appetizers, rice, and two entres. The desserts were the weak link, not really anything special. Saag Paneer, Malai Kofta, Vegetable Samosas were all spicy and yummy. We sat on the street and enjoyed a lovely late summer evening people watching.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently ate here and expected more since this restaurant was on ritzy Newbury Street. The atmosphere was certainly the best part of the restaurant. There is a bottom brick enclave below sidewalk level that created a really intimate feeling on a warm summer night.

Unfortunately, the service and food did not match the surroundings. Generally, the food was not bad, not the worst Indian food I've ever had but not the best either. I ordered the chicken saagwala dish which I wish would have been spicier. Naan was pretty good and quite large. The sangria was downright terrible. When I looked in the glass you can see that the wine was cloudy and watered down. Not happy about 6 dollar water sangria.

The server seemed to be trying her best, but for some reason our food order was not relayed to the kitchen for about an hour after ordering. We watched every table around us be served and even leave before us. If it wasn't such a nice night outside I would have been more irritated by the wait. Overall the service and bad sangria really put a damper on the experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had a very simple meal but it was just excellent to taste, service was excellent. It's not easy to find authentic tasty Indian food and great service to go together. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank vinodgeorge
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Walking down Newberry Street, we got lucky, happening upon Kashmir. We began with a tamarind margarita and a mojito. Both delicious. Then, we followed up with a chicken curry and garlic naan.

First, I want to mention that we were sitting with just a drink for a half hour. Every few minutes, the waitstaff tactfully asked us if we wanted to order or if we needed anything. Easy to err on either side, either by being pushy or by ignoring us. They were perfect.

Second, the food could not have been any better. The portion is a bit small for the price, but the flavor was exquisite.

Where I live, Indian food is not easy to come by. Whenever I visit my family in the US; I eat Indian food several times. This experience will not be easy to beat.

1  Thank solabares

Been to Kashmir? Share your experiences!