“Great Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Brunswick, Canada
“Great Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights Feb 2011 on a mini-vacation to boston to watch some NHL hockey. The hotel is wonderful-- very clean, staff helpful and friendly, quiet rooms. Not sure if we would have paid full price, we got a deal through "friends & family program" with marriott for $99 a nite. parking was steep at $42 a day, but that's boston. the bus stop was practically across the street from the hotel which easily transferred to the subway system. The hotel is a little far to walk to places, especially in the winter, but the subway is easy to take. We did not eat in the restaurant, but wished we would have had breakfast there as other places were a bit far to go for breakfast. All in all, a wonderful stay, we would definately stay again if we got a deal on the price. One thing though-- the swimming pool is only a lap pool @ 3.5 feet deep, not great for recreational swimming.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank H&B_love_to_travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here over Christmas. We were upgraded to a great room with a superb view. The service was impeccable, the Hotel is very new and there was nothing at all to dislike about the Hotel- I would stay again without hesitation. We were there through a fairly major Nor' easter so walking into Boston became a bit of an ordeal for a couple of days! but that was all part of the fun. It would be great in Spring / summer - a lovely walk.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Having read others reviews thought that this may be a little out of the way but was delighted to find that it's not, a 10 min hike to downtown, and a few good eateries on the doorstep. It is also convenient for the airport bus shuttle. The staff were very helpful and the rooms generous. the sauna and leisure facilities were not busy, I would happily stay there on any trip to Boston.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank korkybuz
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

This hotel was priced reasonably for it's view and location. It is new and very clean. Not crazy about the decor, but there is a Starbucks in the lobby and good restaurant. Try the Jonnycakes for breakfast!!! We used valet parking and walked everywhere or took the T. We were able to walk to the Aquarium, restaurants, and Faneuil Market was not that much further (if you are not in a hurry). They have free internet on a couple of computers in the lobby area. We stayed there twice in less than a month. There is a nice bar if you want a cocktail before turning in for the night. Drinks are a bit pricey though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Leighdee30
Leiria, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

I booked my stay through Booking.com.
When checking out I asked for an Invoice which I need for my accountacy. I have been told that it was impossible since the invoice had been sent to the travel agency !!!
In spite of having explained that there were no travel agencies involved, that I had booked via Internet with booking, that the room was paid with my credir card, etc, etc, no way. They wouldn't give me the invoice. I was told that I should contact Booking.
So, upon return to Portugal I contacted Booking explaining the problem. They were quite efficient, they put me on hold on the phone while they were calling the hotel. After 10 minutes on hold, the clerk from Booking came back to me quite astonished. Why? Because Reanaissance Waterfront Hotel was saying that I didn't stay at the Hotel !!!
I reassured that I had stay at the hotel and even had an invoice issued by the hotel for my extras. ( In fact the Hotel did not want to give me the invoice for the room but they gave me one for the extras ). So, after giving the number of that invoice, my credit card number and other information, the hotel finally admited that I stayed there. But they kept on saying that they could not give me an invoice. This time they allegued that my account was paid by someone else. And all of this after a 30 minutes phone call !!!!
Because in my credit card account the amount paid to the hotel was not yet debited I couldn't do anything else either than wait and see.
24 hours later my credit card was debited.
Again I called Booking informing them that now I had an evidence that the account was paid with my card and asking them to contact the hotel again asking for the Invoice.
Funny enough a few minutes later I received an email from Renaissance Waterfront Hotel with an account statement ( not an invoice ) printed on a blank paper. Nothing in that paper mentioned where it was coming from. It could be anything issued by no matter who.
So, if you intend to stay at this hotel and if you need an invoice for your company's accountacy, better go somewhere else.......

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paulo_Lima51
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

When we booked this hotel, people warned us it was too far from everything and we wouldn't like it. They said we should book downtown. The best thing about this hotel is the transit station less than five minutes away, and we never had an issue getting places (thanks in part to the fab transit system).
The only disappointing thing was my husband has platinum membership and the club lounge wasn't open on our floor - he was very excited to go in. Instead, we were given coupons for breakfast (but just for him, not me - so those got thrown into the garbage) and appetizers in the lounge/restaurant and a non-alcoholic drink (which we used one of, but didn't bother because the menu didn't have anything we really desired).
But seeing as those things are perks, and we certainly didn't need to receive them, I'd say the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsBee711
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

I stayed here early December for a party and stayed overnight. The hotel has a water/ocean theme through out which makes sense since its right on the waterfront. The ballroom has a great view of the skyline and World Trade Center.

The rooms are simple & elegant. We had a view of the airport and we also looked over a courtyard- which looked like it would be a perfect spot for a rooftop pool which would make this hotel even better.

Overall great new edition in the waterfront district!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family