1,573 results
All reviews silver line convention center legal harborside nice hotel boston waterfront legal seafood the concierge lounge south station world trade center logan airport within walking distance attending a conference lobby bar water view business hotel high floor close to the airport
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

This is one of three Boston hotels that the company places us in during our overnights. Hands down it is our favorite. Very nice property and well appointed. Staff is always friendly and rooms are clean and modern. Plenty to see and do around the hotel to get out and see Boston!

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear airzero,

Thank you for sharing about your stay! We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you could discover the luxury, convenience, and comfort of Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. We understand the importance of the details that make up a great stay and are happy knowing our attentive service enhanced your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

I stayed for one night. I had a "waterfront" view, but you could only really see the view out the corner of the window. Reception was kind and helpful at check in. My room was spacious w the ability for temperature control. Wifi was fast. Parking was terrible. They "ran out of self parking" at 6pm so charged me $50 for valet parking > 10hours. That was kind of steep considering the hotel room is already expensive. Walking distance to a lot of great restaurants which is nice if you don't want to use the hotel restaurant.

It's definitely a nice hotel, but I felt like considering the price of the room, the additional charges (wifi, water in room, parking, etc) were unnecessary and decreased the value. If there was a conference or meeting, I would have no qualms with staying here, but I don't know if I would recommend for leisure.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear FabFrequentFlyer,

Thank you for being our guest at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and had a pleasant stay. However, we are sorry for your disappointment with our additional charges. We hope to welcome you again for a more gratifying experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night. We were just in Boston for one night so we stayed at the Renaissance on the waterfront. The hotel was very nice and clean. Reception was very polite and they checked us in quickly. Our room was on the 12th floor. I was surprised to see how average the hallway was when we got off the elevator. It was clean, but not very stylish or impressive. The rug was not very pleasant. The room was nice but nothing special. A typical hotel room. The furniture was very nice but other than that there was nothing remarkable about the room. We found the bedding and pillows to be very comfortable and we got a very good nights sleep. I was disappointed that it was about $13 a night if you wanted Wi-Fi. Seriously, in this day and age you need to pay that much money to get Wi-Fi in an expensive hotel? The room and bathroom appeared to be very clean. We had dinner and drinks in the pub. We both got the bacon cheeseburger and it was heavenly! The french fries were handcut and delicious. The drinks were also very good. I would recommend this hotel if you want to be on the waterfront but do not want anything more than an average room, aesthetic wise . It was $50 to park your car in their garage.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica H
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Jessica H,

Thank you for being our guest and for recommending us to others. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you could discover the luxury, convenience, and comfort of Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. We look forward to being of service again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Stayed two nights at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel for the 15th Annual Bariatric Summit in late September 2018. I was given Room 652, which was a corner King on the 6th floor, the farthest away from the elevators. This room was quiet and comfortable. Please see my photos for details in terms of decor. Valet parking was $50/night, which I used, as I didn't feel I had many options. I didn't realize the bottled water that was left alongside the coffeemaker would be $4/bottle until I checked out. Your room provides you with the amenities you'd expect in this class of hotel, and the conference rooms were more than adequate for two days' worth of seminars, meals, networking, and exhibits. The hotel has a restaurant in it, but there are plenty of other places to grab food quickly within a block. The staff here were friendly, check-in and check-out were simple, and the free Netflix was a plus for those with insomnia or excess caffeine. Total for two nights, valet parking, with all taxes was $960.08. I view that as mid-range for Boston on a weekend, and I don't consider my accommodations to have been luxury level, though I'm sure other rooms were. I would have stayed longer to enjoy the local attractions if I had more time, and I'd definitely return to this hotel again.

Room tip: Room 652 is quiet and has a partial view of other buildings and water
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear radiowitch,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel while you were here for the 15th Annual Bariatric Summit. We are delighted you could unwind in our stylish, ocean-inspired rooms, many of which feature fantastic waterfront and Seaport District views. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This area of Boston used to be pack houses and wharves. It has bee turned into a supermodern hotel/business/restaurant area.

My stay was for a conference for 3 nights. The conference had 400 participants and everything went smoothly. The hotel was very expensive, first night was $560 + $32 state tax + $34 city tax + $15 conference tax. A very expensive hotel with the Boston taxes on top. In Europe that price would have been for a real luxury hotel.

The area had many very good restaurants within walking distance.

Everything was ok, but value for money is on the negative side. Therefore a low score.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Jon-Sverre S,
Thank you for staying at our hotel for your recent conference trip to Boston and sharing your experience with us. It's great to see how much you loved our excellent location near several popular local attractions and delectable restaurants, however we were disappointed that the value for the price fell short of your expectations. As in every city, certain times of the year are busier and command higher rates, however, we definitely make every effort to be priced competitively. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to have the pleasure of doing so again soon.