“Clean, great service”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The location was really good, close to both the airport and a short walk/cab to the core.
The room was comfortable, but for my stay the wifi was a bit spotty.

The staff were very responsive and fixed a maintenance issue quickly.
The lap pool was awesome to exercise enough and offset the great food Boston has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WaterlooDad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

From the nice man who took our bags at the front door, to the nice man who hailed our last cab, this hotel has the very best staff I have ever met. I want to especially call attention to Kaitlin Sampson at the front desk and to Bonnie Latty, the concierge. These two ladies are so professional, gracious and helpful. They made everything so easy, so personal and very pleasant. We are so grateful for the wonderful care they took of myself and my mother. My 80 year old mother had never been to Boston, so she was very excited to see all the sights. Bonnie arranged everything, gave us excellent tips and smoothed the way. Kaitlin was there everyday of our stay and we enjoyed checking in with her - we had questions or small problems and she consistently took care of everything with a smile.

One of our sightseeing trips was an all-day adventure. We did not stop to eat or drink while we were having so much fun. When we got back to the hotel we were a mess! Kaitlin sent us to your bar, where a very kind young lady got us water and lunch and was just so very kind to us. She was working there late in the afternoon of Sunday April 6th, but I did not remember to get her name.

I was there for the eCW Enterprise meeting. There again, the accommodations, food and staff were excellent.

The food was delicious, the beds are wonderful, the room was very clean, and all the staff was so courteous and pleasant. We could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you so very much for all the attention to customer service that your hotel provides.

Room Tip: We asked for a view of the water - it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Great spot! Rooms are nice, bar and restaurant serve good food, and the location is just a few blocks away from other great bars and restaurants. Would stay here again! The only downfall, we were there Friday through Sunday and the maids never came to clean our room, but not a big deal, everything else was good!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We checked in early our room was huge, and the room & bathroom were spotless! We had a great cocktails at the bar by the lobby. We enjoyed the atmosphere. We had a lovely view of the bay from our huge room. We went to the restaurant for breakfast. MC Speido was lovely except the ketchup! Breakfast is delicious with Heinz 57! They make their own ketchup it was pink! All vinegar and sugar. Not smooth but chunky! I ordered the Lobster Benedict. My poached eggs were way over cooked no runny yolk. The lobster, potatoes, hollandaise sauce and polenta were cooked deliciously. The pancetta was supposed to be served with the meal it came out on a separate plate halfway thru the meal. The coffee was good and the place was slow so we had servers every few minutes seeing if we needed anything. The decor & atmosphere were amazing! Very fun big booths and lovely ambience. The hotel as a whole was great but the restaurant is a different story!

Room Tip: The corner rooms were a little bigger not by much though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erin M
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice room, good view, good lounge, AMAZING Italian restaurant. Nice helpful staff. Starbucks in lobby. Immediate access to airport and downtown Silver and Red lines. Around 30 restaurants all around the hotel. Fives stars except for Marriott's $15/day Internet charge. That's wrong -- and if they don't change that policy, I'm going to quit their chains.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed here in the past many times but I never needed anything more than a room. This visit I needed laundry service so I personally handed my laundry to a bellman in the morning BEFORE 830am. Returned to my room at 630 pm needing to change for dinner and no clothes returned to my room. I called "Delighted To Serve" and they indicated they would look into it. % Minutes later a call from them indicated that the clothes were not back because I handed them in after 830 am ( I totally dispute this)... and now the clothes wouldn't be back until 7am the next day (I am due to leave at 8am) Even thought I expected them tonight and no one from the hotel said they were late I was not happy but okay bring them at 7am.. returned from dinner message light is on... Oh your cleaning will not be back until 9am!!!!!!! I am leaving at 8am to ret

Room Tip: Use he Seaport.. I have stayed there and the service is 10X better
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Raymond,

Thank you for reaching out to the hotel. I apologize for the disappointing situation with our dry-cleaning service, and regret that we were not able to come up with a solution prior to your departure Friday morning.

I have reached out to you privately through the email address on your reservation to hopefully continue this dialogue. Thank you again for being our guest and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Adam Muse
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, comfortable, breakfast buffet offered at the hotel restaurant was really good, at areasonable price. A little too far from downtown and the price for overnight parking is a bit steep taking into consideration you are already paying to stay at the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Renaissance. We greatly appreciate the positive comments about the breakfast in our new restaurant MC Spiedo! I have also shared your feedback regarding the price of our parking service with our contracted valet company as we look to continually improve both our product and service.

Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Warmest Regards,