“This is a Beautiful, Modern, Well-Maintained Hotel but...”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“This is a Beautiful, Modern, Well-Maintained Hotel but...”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

it's not very convenient if you're going to a meeting at the Convention Center. It's about a 4 block walk which isn't bad but I happened to be there during a cold snap and one day it rained. I wish I had stayed at the Westin which is attached to the Convention Center so you don't have to go outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had a pleasant stay here. The room was clean and comfortable, and I found the staff helpful and professional. I particularly liked the "local area advisor" idea, with a member of staff able to give you ideas of what to do and where to see. I also found the bar was friendly and not intimidating as I was travelling as a solo female.

Greenwich CT
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Lovely, modern hotel in the waterfront area. Was here for a conference and the location, rooms and food were excellent. The food at he large banquet was surprisingly excellent. The usual rubber chicken was replaced by outstanding, perfectly cooked salmon.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I came to Boston on business to participate in the Boston Globe Travel Show. As it turned out to be the Snow Globe, me and my colleagues didn't leave the hotel for many hours.

I was impressed by the hotel and the attentiveness of the staff. I am sure it was a stressful time, where I heard that most staff lived and stayed at the hotel during the blizzard. You could even see and feel directores working in the breakfast and dinner time to help out.

Many of the staff were though unhappy with not being allowed going home and felt that they were being forced to stay in the hotel. I felt for them and hopefully they felt my appreciation and other guests of how grateful we were for their job.

Breakfast was good, probably one of the best and enjoyable breakfast experiences there are. Coming from Europe, sometimes coffee in America isn't what I expect but to be honest, the coffee seemed to be good - at least I dont remember anything negative about it.

Front desk was attentive and helpful, they gave good and informative directions both of hotel service and surrounding options of activities (remember there was a blizzard).

I was able to enjoy a room on a higher floor (my preference) the view and the blizzard outside. I could do a lot of job on my computer in my room and public areas.

I will defiantly come back if the location of the hotel would suit me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband has spent a few months at this hotel traveling on business. I've had the opportunity to visit a couple times and have spent a total of 2 weeks here (Feb & again in March) The hotel is very nice, the staff is professional, friendly and helpful. The morning buffet is simple but quality. Location is an easy walk to some major sites such as Faniel Hall and the Boston tea party exhibit. We stayed in a beautiful suite and I would say the only thing lacking there is a microwave which would have been very helpful for a long stay. The common areas were lovely. We stayed during 2 snowstorms and even though they were running with a skeleton crew (driving banned), we didn't feel a lacking in service. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very modern, clean and pleasant hotel to stay. Reception people always welcoming, kind and helpful. Very good quality of food at breakfast and dinner. Room and bathroom very clean.
The location is slight out of the city centre, although it takes just 20 minutes walking or few minutes by taxi.
We would go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were combining a trip to Boston with an event my son was going to at the Convention Center. The Renaissance was so wonderful I kept calling it "home". The room was nice,great view of the waterfront. Front desk was amazing. They let us have an early checkin and gave us extra coffee for the room and we were checked in and up in our room in 5 minutes!! We used their city "navigator" and she was very helpful. We took a upper deck trolley tour and it was so much fun. The greatest part was they picked us up right at the hotel. The restaurant was great. Incredible breakfast buffet. Great hot tub and lap pool. Wished it was a full pool but all was clean and plenty of seating and towels. Plenty of hot water. Their coffee and tea choices were great. Plenty of restaurants close by. We were sad to leave.

Room Tip: try to get a water view go high