“Good dive bar with great beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 161 Nightlife in Boston
Larchmont, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good dive bar with great beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Bukowski's is a dive, but in a good way. I love their beer selection and don't think it is really overpriced, especially when compared to other places in Back Bay. People complaining about that need to understand that you are going to have to pay decent money for some of the harder to find selection. Their food is also surprisingly good, definitely better than what you would suspect when you walk in. When we are in Boston, it has become our standard late night stop before heading back to our hotel.

Visited March 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good beer, good atmosphere, pretentious staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

This bar has all the ingredients for a great bar - good beers, good atmosphere, good music - too bad their staff is pretentious and neglecting. Not only did the two bartenders ignore us, when we finally got their attention and ordered, they put our ticket in the shot-glass in front of us in a very crumpled fashion, vice the neat folds placed every other one into. Maybe because I'm military and have a neat haircut, or because my wife is Asian - that means I'm a Bush-loving, war-mongering, human-trafficking SOB. I can put up with the stink-eye in a few countries where I'm not necessarily keen to it in my own backyard.

St. Louis, Missouri Usa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Little hole in the wall bar, just a few steps from the Hilton Back Bay. Great bar! TONS of beers on tap & in bottle. They have also a great menu. Not your average bar food -- a step above.

Visited December 2011
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I was actually heading to another restaurant when I saw this pop up on my Google Maps. I'm a huge fan of Charles Bukowski and had to check out the place. I agree with others about bringing multiple IDs. I even had a credit card with photo on it! Great beer selection and I thought the price was very reasonable for food and drinks. Great service even during the busiest times, too!

Visited September 2011
Grand Island, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

First of all... bring all the ID you have! The doorman is not only pomus, but needs backup ID. One of my group of 40-year-olds were denied because his licence expired, despite his wallet full of backup. Anyway... I can't deny the selection of beers, but overpriced.

Visited August 2011