“Great for veg selections”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #207 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
ThinkGadgetSr
“Great for veg selections”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Whenever work associates come to visit from India, we include Wagamama as a Boston destination where they can stay veg and yet experience something completely new and different.

Visited March 2012

• Hebrew first
Evanston, Illinois
“Great refreshing fresh juice”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I were just walking around Quincy Market around 7:30pm and wanted something light to eat. We passed Wagamama and decided it looked very inviting and not too crowded. We were very pleasantly surprised as when I lived in Boston over 30 years ago, this area's restaurants were just pure touristy--expensive and not so good. We tried their new juice mix of celery, mint, apple and lime and it was out of this world, so refreshing. We also had an udon and a gyoza appetizer, both very very tasty. The wait staff was very friendly and quick. We asked what the numbers were that she wrote down on our paper placemats and she told us that they get transmitted electronically and anyone can serve us anything that is ready, even the water glasses had numbers. And the menu said to ask what "Wagamama" meant and so we did..."spoiled child"....and were surprised to find out on our way out that it is an international chain...Would highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JudyM923
Buenos Aires
“Good food when in a rush”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Wagamama in Boston while doing a quick 'walk through' through the food court in Quincy Market. I've been to a few Wagamamas in London/Ireland but it's a bit different because New Englanders are not accustomed to sharing a table. It wasn't too crowded when I was there but the long tables seemed a bit odd to people coming in.

I was running on a tight schedule so I asked the waiter to rush the food and he did. For an appetizer I had the soft egg rolls and the main plate was a chicken dish (it's been a month so I forgot the exact name) that was a good portion. Food was good, fresh and plentiful.

You don't go to Boston (especially to Quincy Market) for a Wagamama experience, but if you're in Quincy Market and want to try something a bit different, it's worth the visit.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matthewfromct
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Flavours lacked the edge”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I eat at Wagamama often in the UK, and in fact in countries around the world. The chilli chicken ramen tasted strangely sweet and did not have the sour tang I expected (limes). A friend who lives in Boston was the first to comment that the dish was too sweet. It's a shame when excellent standard dishes are changed. I am not sure I will chose Wagamama again in the US - Perhaps I will be more adventurous. Other dishes were also lack lustre: the lemon grass shrimp noodles did not have a lemon grass flavour and another noodle dish stated like it had a pasta tomato sauce rather than oriental flavourings. The ribs (starter) were good.

Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Soup”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Yes, we enjoyed this place so much last summer that we had to go back on a return trip to Boston. Would it be as enjoyable in the late fall as it was when we sat on the terrace? Answer, YES! Once again the service was top notch and the food was outstanding. I highly recommend any one of their top notch soups - it is total meal. The ingredients were so fresh and tasty. And, at the price (9-14 dollars), an incredible value. Skip the fast food in the rest of the Quincy Market and the fight for a seat. Run, don't walk to Wagamama.

• Visited November 2012