“Great! Inconsistent drivers” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #16 of 139 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston shows you the best of Boston on their 100-minute, fully narrated tour. As the official tour of the Boston Red Sox, guests will enjoy 19 stops, including Fenway Park, where you may disembark for shopping, dining and attractions. Each ticket comes with free admission to a 45 minute cruise of Boston Harbor, the Old State House Museum and coupons worth over $50 in savings. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chesapeake, VA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great! Inconsistent drivers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I tagged along to Boston with my husband who was at a conference, I played tourist for three days. I like that Old Town Trolley gives you two days on your ticket, along with the additional harbor cruise or Boston Tea Party museum. I chose the harbor cruise since I was staying at the Mariott Long Wharf which is steps away from the boats. This tour was good, convenient stops to get to places I wanted to see. I was disappointed with inconsistency of the drivers who serve as the narrators. All very knowledgable, all funny in their own right. Mr. Kelley was by far the best of the four that I had the opportunity to spend time with. I truly hated getting off of his trolley. Another made me feel like he was my father hushing us up while he was talking - though I must say I appreciated it. There aren't many things more annoying than people talking over the narrator on a narrated tour! Overall it was well worth the $40 and a great way to get around the city once you decide where you want to go. I rode from stop one on the whole route and then around again until I found what I wanted to do/go. I also walked to stop 5 which wasn't far from my hotel to get a little further in the tour and cut off some of the parts I wasn't interested. This is a very easy tour, literally get on and off where you choose. The drivers are nice and will wait for people if they see you put some effort into getting to the bus, they've got to keep a schedule too. They do a great job and I will use this company in the future in other cities. I didn't give them all of the stars just for the inconsistency in the message by the narrators. Truly, find out what trolley Mr. Kelley is on. You will love it. And he will know the capital of your state.

3 Thank OBXdreamer2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boston Old Town Trolley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great Tour! Great Service? Great Drivers! Would highly recommend!
We got to use this service 2 days, and even enjoyed a nice boat cruise of the harbour.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jennifer K
Sheffield
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“A great way to see the city for the first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We came across this service during a short trip to Boston in April 2014.

As we were only in town for a few days our hotel Concierge (Hyatt Regency) recommended this service.

We found it a great way to see the city, its sights and attractions, whilst at the same time gaining an understanding of the orientation of Boston.

We did a full loop before starting the hop on hop off activities, this meant we could better plan our day and make best use of the time, whilst being sure that we had seen everything from the bus if not on foot.

The value gets better the more days you buy, but even though we only bought the single day ticket we thought it represented good value for money. This was helped by the additional free stuff, like the harbour cruise and free admission to the Tea Party Museum.

In all, highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MartinBancroft
Okc
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Perfect way to see the town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to Boston over Xmas. The town was empty due to the high number of college students gone home. They ran a great special. On and off the trolly for 5 days for the price of a day, and admission tickets to some of the attractions. We got a great amount of info from the drivers, who were extremely friendly and great with the kids. After the first 2 days, we basically used the trolly as free transportation. If this is your first time to boston, use the tour, it will help you decide what to do.

1 Thank Mcaltom
Indiana
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fabulous Way to Explore Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We hopped on the trolley as soon as we arrived in town. Took the entire circle tour to get the "lay of the land." The next morning, we were back on the trolley, getting on and off wherever and whenever we wanted, exploring the places we had seen from our seats the day before. We had many drivers over the course of the day, and each added something unique to our ride. Dick was absolutely wonderful, and we were lucky to see him more than once throughout the course of the day!

This is definitely the way to explore Boston (try to avoid driving in the city - it's sort of crazy!) and I would recommend it without reservation.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank runningbarb

Been to Old Town Trolley Tours? Share your experiences!