Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $44.05
from $44.05
from $41.95
3,551 results
All reviews hop on hop harbor cruise boston bob day pass the boston tea party museum driver guide great tour your bearings great overview entire tour points of interest free admission old state house fenway park uss constitution visiting boston quincy market
Reviewed yesterday

the best way to see Boston -- best to take tour all the way around the first time - 90 minutes; then the 2nd time, figure where you want to get off & get on at. 15 stops. the drivers, Ms. Beantown & Mr. Foxtrot were really funny & informative!

Reviewed yesterday

They only sell so many tickets per day but you are not required to take the tour on the day you use the trolley. Therein lies the problem...Because of the weather we delayed our tour until a Saturday. And apparently other had done the same thing too. We waited 45 minutes to board our bus. Once on board, about the first two-thirds of the stops there was NO room on the bus. People were standing in line at the stops complaining about not finding a seat on any bus. After we heard the complaints, we realized we could not hop off or we may never be able to hop back on. The narration was average and much of the time was spent in traffic navigating construction. Maybe this would be a better option on a less crowded day. The tickets are not cheap but they do offer discounts to some of the sites. Don't miss the money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. They did reimburse our ticket cost.

Reviewed 4 days ago

I have been to Boston before and saw a good amount of the Freedom Trail, etc. This time my partner and I spent a full day in Boston/Salem area before venturing out for a family trip to Vermont. Initially wanted to do the Freedom Trail tour but he has issues with his knees, so I opted to get us the Old Town Trolley tour. Great way to see the City (you can stay on the entire time and get a "tour" of the downtown area or hop on/hop off, which we did). One of our stops was Faneuil hall, but that was our "first" stop since we got on at North Station. At 10:00, too early to enjoy the great lunches they have at Quincy market, so ventured on and hopped off at Cheers just in time for lunch. All in all, by the time we finished in Boston (left at 3:15 for the train), we pretty much saw everything and walked around probably more than if we just took the Freedom Trail tour. So much for my partner's knees. Money well spent.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We only had a couple days to see as much as we could of Boston.. Definitely worth every penny.. so many historical places to see and you can see them all in a day..excellent tour guides. We fell in love with Boston!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Traveled to Boston for a convention. I stayed an extra day to see the sites. Woke up to a rainy dreary day. Decided to do a hop on hop off tour so I could see as much of the city as possible in 1 day. All of the drivers were a lot of fun. Want to give a special shout out to Foxtrot, Mr Kelley and especially Reagan who took pity on a wet tired tourist and dropped me at my hotel and returned soon after with my wallet that I dropped. I learned so much about the city from the drivers and really enjoyed their personal touches. All of the stops were convenient to the sites I wanted to see.

Reviewed 1 week ago

You can have your first impression of Boston in this tour in less than two hours. Nice. But in a cold day the view is not good. There are not windows, but a plastic sort of curtains and is very difficult to see outside.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We booked this tour from our ship. They picked us up at the port and took us to the waterfront, we walked the historic trail from there. it’s supposed to be a hop on-hop off tour, you can hop off, but getting on another Trolley/bus is nearly impossible. No seats, ever. We ended up hiring UBER to get back to the port. We complained and got a refund.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I've done a few bus/trolley tours before and by far this has been the worst. We were waiting for the trolley to come and when the trolley arrived one of the workers ran outside to tell us we couldn't get on the trolley and other people were waiting first. I had no idea it was a first come - people were just waiting and there wasn't a line formed (stop #13). When I asked if the bus was full he said you can't get on and I said that's not what I asked you, and he finally answered yes. He was rude. We had three different conductors and all were horrible expect the gentleman from Islip NY (Long Island). The two conductors you could barely hear them and they were just rambling about the town of Boston. One of the conductors (Skipper) also mentioned about the Boston marathon and how the "skinny Kenyans" didn't race this year because they can't tolerate the cold but kept referring to them as skinny Kenyans. Found that to be offensive. He said how an American woman for the first time in 30 years won and was cheering American! American! The conductor from NY was very thorough and knew more history than the other two conductors. He was clear and concise and had some fun facts to share with the group. Need to up your game on the history of Boston particularly to tourist.

1  Thank Franchesa M
Jennifer G, Guest Relations Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback. Feedback like yours helps us keep our tour up to the level of quality that we expect. We obviously missed the mark with you, and for that, I apologize. Please be assured your comments have been forwarded to all of the appropriate managers and they will be doing that which is necessary to address this issue.

We do offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, located on the customer service page of our website.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very easy trolley to use, and all the drivers were very knowledgeable and helpful. They ensure that you know the different sites you are looking at and give tidbits of info so that you can make informed choices about what you want to see when you get off.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The service was frequent. The information about the attractions on the route was interesting. The trolleys were clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable.