“Great Tour and Harbor Boat Ride”

Old Town Trolley Tours
$41.95*
Boston Shore Excursion: Boston Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #17 of 143 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston shows you the best of Boston on their 100-minute, fully narrated tour. As the official tour of the Boston Red Sox, guests will enjoy 19 stops, including Fenway Park, where you may disembark for shopping, dining and attractions. Each ticket comes with free admission to a 45 minute cruise of Boston Harbor, the Old State House Museum and coupons worth over $50 in savings. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We decided to do this tour as we only had one day to see Boston. Great tour guide. Can't remember his name, but he had seemed to really love his job and his town. We started out taking the free Harbor Boat Tour and went to the ship, Consistution first. Good idea. From there, we took the whole tour till we got back where we started. We wanted to get it all in. Turns out, it took about two hours it seemed to do that. It was great to see it all. Saw Fenway, MIT, and all the historical sights. A good note is that the last bus leaves at 5 p.m., so be sure not to get stuck too far off from your return point so you can get back. Well worth the money and it was due to a great and personable guide.

1  Thank Nance12
BostonTrolleyTours, General Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

How pleased I was to read your positive review of your Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the tour, as well as the harbor cruise that was included. I also agree with you that the personalities of our tour guides make a great impression. It's their sincere love of Boston and its history that really "makes the tour."

Thank you again for your comments!

Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Old Town Trolley Tours

Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was my first trip to Boston, and despite the craziness of the recent marathon bombing and all that followed, I felt I got a good look around Boston thanks to this tour. I am a big fan of the hop on and hop off features. I agree with previous reviewer about Cracker Jack. There were also other great drivers, and one that was not good at all. If you get on a bus and question if the person knows what she is talking about, I suggest you get off and wait for the next one. Your experience will be so much better. The fact that the Boston Tea Party was included in the price makes this a great value. I loved that tour and am reviewing it as well.

Thanks very much for your positive review of the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the trolley tour, as well as your visit to the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. We certainly appreciated everyone's patience in the days following the terrorist bombing at the Marathon, and did our best to continue showing off our beautiful city to visitors in spite of the circumstances.

I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to Crackerjack......I'm sure he'll appreciate them.

Thank you again for choosing the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston, and for taking time to share your comments.

Happy travels,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The old town trolley tour was an excellent way to get around the city
Easy hop off hop on
I do feel some of the hotel/financial district stops could be omitted
We had to detour from the usual tour due to the marathon bombing but I feel they compensated well
We had several guides with our hop on hop off and Cracker Jack by far was the best! He was very entertaining, friendly and he took time to know the guest. He was very informative. He truly made the tour a A+ event

Thanks so much for your favorable comments about your Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. I certainly appreciate your patience with detours during the aftermath of the terrible bombings that occurred. I'm especially appreciative of your comments about Crackerjack, and will be sure to share your positive review with him....he's sure to be pleased that he made such a great impression!

Thank you for choosing Old Town Trolley Tours. Here's hoping we see you in Boston soon again.

Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited Boston in October 2012 and took the trolley around and found it a very easy way to get around, so we decided to use it again. The trolley is nice because they give you a tour of the city as you are getting around. Each driver has their own way to explain the sites in the city. We did not get to see all the sites because of the marathon bombing, but were still directed on how to get to some of the locations at those stops. Gordie was our favorite driver in October and was still our favorite when we went this time! Sometimes the drivers have their speakers up a bit too loud, but overall a great experience.

1  Thank kiss4ufromwoo

Thanks very much for your positive comments about the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. I certainly appreciate your patience with the detours you experienced as a result of the terrorist bombings that took place at the Marathon. Thank you, too, for mentioning how much you enjoyed Gordie. I'll be sure to share your comments with him.....I'm sure he'll take great pride in the fact that he left you with a positive impression.

I hope you'll consider taking the Old Town Trolley Tour in our other Historic Tours of America cities: Key West, St. Augustine, Savannah, Washington DC, and San Diego.

And here's hoping we see you in Boston soon again!

In hospitality,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I spent about 5 hours on the Old Town Trolley tour and a harbor cruise. This was a great way to see Boston and learn about its great history! We had two different drivers. One was JD--he was really good. The other one did not tell us his name, but boy was he LOUD...funny and knowledgeable but LOUD! We jumped off and on at the sites we wanted to see...piece of cake. The harbor cruise that was part of our ticket was nice, too. Everyone was very helpful and things ran very smoothly.

BostonTrolleyTours, General Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for five-star review of our Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston! Though I wish you had been able to ride with us for more than just the five hours, I'm glad those were enough to give you a fine impression of our tour. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to JD, as well--I'm sure he'll love to hear it. Also, I'm sorry if some of our drivers were too loud for you. When they get on a roll, they might not always notice how loud they've become. The next time you ride with us, please know that any of our drivers will be happy to lower the volume on their headsets for you.

I hope you ride with us again in Boston, but if you can't get back here, please consider riding with us in one of our sister cities: Key West, St. Augustine, Savannah, Washington D.C., San Diego.

Deepest Regards,