“Covers a lot, reliable schedule”

Old Town Trolley Tours
$41.95*
Boston Shore Excursion: Boston Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
Ranked #18 of 142 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston shows you the best of Boston on their 100-minute, fully narrated tour. As the official tour of the Boston Red Sox, guests will enjoy 19 stops, including Fenway Park, where you may disembark for shopping, dining and attractions. Each ticket comes with free admission to a 45 minute cruise of Boston Harbor, the Old State House Museum and coupons worth over $50 in savings. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Waterloo, Iowa
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Covers a lot, reliable schedule”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a great hop-on hop-off tour that has about 16 stops and connects to a few more. Hit all the main points which were too numerous to mention. Most tour guides were very knowledable and used humor sometimes to describe or point out landmarks and attractions. Nice thing to do on your first day in Boston to get familiar with the town. Plus this tour includes a great 45 minute narrated Boston Harbor boat tour (may be seasonal) which takes you across the harbor to the USS Constitution and museum (stop #1). You can get off or stay on the boat for the trip back. Also at stop #1 is the Quincy market area where you will find a large food court. BIG PLUS - could rely on this bus to pick us up from every stop about every 20 minutes which is a very nice pace. You should verify with the driver exactly the frequency of pick ups on that day as they could vary (my experiences in other cities). I actually chose this tour over another because we could get on very near our hotel by Copley Square. The other tours seemed to required a long walk to pick up. I think we got on at stop #10 Marriot Copley.
Most guides knew a lot about the city.
I much prefer open air tour bus but didn't find one in Boston. I do think they should invest in open air/double decker busses like those like Chicago, NY, LA and San Francisco.

Visited October 2012
BostonTrolleyTours, General Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
What a pleasure to read your positive review of the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston! I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour, and appreciate you taking time to write about your experience.

Because Old Town Trolley has the largest fleet of vehicles in the city, we're able to offer the most frequent and convenient pick-up and drop-off service at the various stops. Thank you for pointing out this aspect of our service, as we want the Old Town Trolley Tour to be both informative AND convenient.

Thanks again for your comments!

Best wishes,

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Flower Mound, TX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Old Town Trolley- old jokes”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love taking the sightseeing tours in a new town. They give you a quick tour, you can jump on and off at every stop. This tour company is great in Savannah, Ga, but skip them in Boston.
They play Rich Little style impressionist voiceovers for safety announcements. Terminator style- "I'll be back --"if you don't follow the rules and stay in your seats. I felt like I my great grandpa should have been the tour director.

Skip this compnay, as there are many other choices. Surely, the others are not as corny and outdated as this one.

Visited October 2012
BostonTrolleyTours, General Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. I'm sorry that you found the safety announcements (delivered by various celebrity voices) to be unappealing. The recorded safety announcements make up only a small portion of the tour content, and interestingly, a number of other guests have written in to say how much they enjoyed the recorded announcements.

In any case, I apologize that the announcments detracted from your enjoyment of the tour. At Old Town Trolley we are always focussed on maintaining the safety and comfort of our guests. We'll continue to find ways to remind our guests of important safety suggestions, but try to find ways that are more to everyone's liking.

Thanks again for your comments. It's only when we hear from our guests that we can improve what we're doing.

In hospitality,

Thrissur, India
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“100 minutes...worth every minute”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an old-fashioned way to tour Boston and it is really interesting. We had guests from overseas who wanted to take the trolley tour and after I did, I realized that there is so much of Boston that I didn't know about. The tour is good, the guide is great and the rates don't kill you.

Visited May 2012
Thanks very much for your positive comments about your tour on Old Town Trolley. I'm so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the tour. Here's hoping we see you in Boston soon again.

Regards,

Aguanga, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful way to see overview of Boston”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Christian was an amazing source of knowledge of Boston, very entertaining, and he made the tour way more fun than the other two drivers whom we also rode with. We hadn't been to Boston so it was a fun way to see it "all" when we had limited time to spend

Visited October 2012
Thanks very much for your positive comments about your tour on Old Town Trolley. I'll be sure to pass on your positive comments to Christian.....I know he'll appreciate knowing he made such a good impression.

I invite you to take tours in our other Historic Tours of America cities: Key West, Saint Augustine, Savannah, Washington DC, and San Diego.

Thanks again for your comments.

In hospitality,

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“excellent way to see Boston”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had guests from Munich in September who wanted to tour Boston's historic sites. Old Town Trolley Tours was excellent. It's the best way to see a lot of Boston and learn the history. You can get on and off wherever you want to see particular points of interest. The trolley drivers were very informative. Our package included a boat tour of the Boston Harbor. We stopped at most points of interest and also ate at the marketplace. We toured the Boston Common, and the U.S.S. Constitution, walked along Rose Wharf on the waterfront, and stopped at Cheers. We never would have seen as much had we walked. We did skip a few stops. It really would be better to have two days. It was a really fun day for all of us and the highlight of the trip to the U.S. for our guests. Downside? Boston tea party museum was not included and it was $25 per person. We skipped it. That is a ridiculous price to pay. Great day and we all learned a lot about colonial times.

Visited September 2012
I'm so glad that you and your friends from Munich enjoyed the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. It sounds like you took full advantage of all the tour's features, getting off and on at the various sights, and doing the "extras" such as the seasonal Boston Harbor Cruise.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have an oppotunity to visit the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. With costumed actors, authentic replicas of the original ships, and high-tech exhibits that dramatically tell the story of this most important event, I belive you would find it to be a very compelling experience.

Thanks agin for taking time to share your comments. Here's hoping we see you in Boston soon again.