“Good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: MBTA Arlington
Description: Rustic Kitchen is a lively award winning restaurant featuring locally sourced, seasonally inspired New American cuisine. All of our produce, fish and meats are delivered daily and each of our authentic pastas are handmade. In New England, we are home to "The Cooking Show" filmed each Friday night in our sister venue, "The Studio Kitchen"
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good food at a good price. The menu has something for everyone, and the specials are always delicious. Try the hanger steak, it's tender enough to cut with a butter knife.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are looking for an easy evening in Boston when going to the Theater, park in the Revere Hotel Parking Garage, eat at the Rustic Kitchen and walk a few short blocks to your show. We arrived at the restaurant a few hours before the show began and we had plenty of time to have a relaxed meal in a romantic atmosphere. We split the iceberg wedge salad, it would have been nice if they had actually split the salad for us like they did for the couple sitting nearby? For entrees we had the pan seared scallops and New York strip steak. There were only 4 scallops as part of the meal but they were delicious with the spinach risotto. The strip steak was cooked perfectly and the red wine sauce was a nice complement. We were too full for dessert but we came back after the show to have the crème brulee which was excellent.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had the pleasure of having an early dinner at the Rustic Kitchen before enjoying the Pink Martini performance at the Opera House. From salad through our dessert course the food was fresh and excellent in taste and the service as equal. We will definitely dine there again when we are in town visiting the theater district.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had Christmas dinner here, one of best risottos I've ever tasted and the chocolate cannoli were delicious. Service was exceptional, everyone is professional yet laid back. My two kids ran around the place for 2 hours and all we got was smiles! Thank you

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is not the place to come if you like steak. We had Italian spring rolls and tuna tartare for starter, which were nice. Then the steaks came - before we had finished the starter. My wife had ordered filet mignon, medium. Whilst it was served medium, the steak was ice cold and had to be sent back to be reheated, therefore was overcooked when it was returned. I had a Ribeye steak, which I had ordered as medium well. This was served as medium rare and so I sent it back also to be cooked some more. After 10 minutes it was returned, still medium rare but seared around the edges. I had to return it a second time an the waiter brought it back and joked that there was no pink at all. He was right - it was as dry as an old belt.

Avoid this restaurant if you want steak, it I truly terrible. Pub food is much better quality and 1/4 of the price.

Michael C, Owner at Rustic Kitchen Park Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I am disappointed to hear that your dinner experience was less than satisfactory.

I was glad to hear that our Italian Spring Rolls and Tuna Tartare were to your liking but apologize that the steak temperatures were not. Steak temperatures tend to be commonly misunderstood, and as such we have the printed descriptions of our definitions on the menu to help with everyones expectations.

We always recommend our steaks to be served Medium Rare as this ensures the most desirable flavor. It is at this temperature we consistently receive rave reviews.

Feel free to contact me directly through our website.

Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar