“Good lunch spot”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Chicago, Illinois
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband had the lunch menu which included egg roll, hot sour soup and main entree for less than $5. Great value for money. The clams with black bean sauce had fabulous sauce!

• Korean first
California
“Authentic Chinese Seafood”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you are looking for Americanized Chinese restaurant with uncluttered bathrooms with no odd smells and wait staff that speak fluent English, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a good black bean clams and salt and pepper fried calamari, then come here. Albeit, the clams seemed a bit skimpy and the calamari wasn't as crisply fried as I would have liked. For two, the bill came out to $35. Obviously, we couldn't order the variety that we would have like due to the fact that there were only two of us, but I would return to try their other items.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank da_cookinCA
Vancouver
“Quite Good - Would Recommend”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I visited Boston at the end of June for the first time. My hometown, Vancouver, has some of the best Chinese food in North America.v As I am Chinese, I like to try Chinese food in other Cities to see how it compares.

I would say the food in this restaurant is quite solid. It is not fine dining by Asian standards or what I would call modern, but one would find a very good family style meal. The place full which was a very good sign. The atmosphere was likely. I would say the service is fine with the staff perhaps a bit hurried which is typical in most Asian restaurants. They had a very good selection of seafood and the prices seemed reasonable. We had the lobster and quite enjoyed it.

We came away quite satisfied, enjoyed ourselves, and with a good impression of Boston Chinatown. An old-school kind of experience.

• Visited June 2014
Chicago
“Employees here look like they hate their jobs”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family was visiting Boston for the first time and we wanted to go out for lobster in Chinatown. This was one of the first Chinese seafood restaurants I came across online with good reviews, so we decided to give it a try ... What a huge disappointment. The hostess and waiters were unfriendly and appeared as if they were merely going through the motions of working there. The atmosphere was uncomfortable. The lobster was overpriced, especially for its size. And if you want free alcohol, there are apparently cases of beer stored in the restrooms. Public health violation? Gross. Definitely not recommending this place to anyone. We went down the street to try New Golden Gate Seafood for a significantly better atmosphere, excellent value, and warm customer service. Ironically, we saw some other disappointed patrons who made the same switch that evening.

Visited July 2014
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Good Chinese food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Good food and lots of it. Lots of chinese people at this restaurant which speaks volumes. Ambience / setting is average so don't go here if you want posh !

Visited June 2014