“Wonderful”
Review of Oishii Boston

Oishii Boston
Reserve with OpenTable
Oishii Boston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: E Berkeley St
Transit: Silver line E Berkeley Stop
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had lunch there and we chose to order from both the lunch and a la carte menu. This place was certainly value for money for high quality food and ambience for the set lunch. Choice A in the set menu came with many varieties including sushi rolls, soba and cod fish. It was like sampling varieties of dishes. We also had an appetizer of white asparagus with grilled Toro which was sumptuous.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love sushi, and eat it often. I'm on a budget, so I don't often eat at exceptionally nice places, but I do have a pretty good idea of the different sushi options available and this was by far the best I've ever had.

The room is tiny, so expect a wait and probably to sit at the bar (there's only one table). I don't mind this, and actually prefer being able to watch everyone work.

The maki and sushi was delicious. They have a lot of options that aren't your "typical" rolls. They also have a good selection of other dishes. I can't wait to go back (or get take out) so I can try all of the different things they have!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went there with my two daughters after reading that this place offered the best sushi in Boston; what the prior reviewer(s) had failed to also mention is that it offers the best sushi experience too! It goes without saying that the ingredients are super fresh and tasty; the presentation is spectacular and the originality of the menu items is superb. My wife could not join us for dinner #1 ... so I made reservations for an encore for the next evening: Can't wait to go again ... few more hours to go! ... Oh, by the way, the patrons are fun and educated; we struck a conversation with the neighboring table(s) and we ended up inviting a couple of patrons to join us for tonight's dinner. Sushi AND new friendships: It can't get any better!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were a group of 7 and wanted to have a nice night out and try many items on the menu.

The smoked Toro (tuna belly) is amazing in taste, texture and presentation. It is presented in a covered glass with the smoke captured inside. As the lid is removed, the smoke begins to escape and has a smell reminiscent of roasted marshmallows. I highly recommend this.

We also had what the server called "salmon on fire" which was wonderful. It was several strips of salmon hanging over a sprig of lemongrass, which was placed over coffee beans that had been lit afire.

The warm sake was delicious, and they have a nice variety of wines.

My entree was "the maki" which was presented in a roll-style with spicy mayo, Toro, ginger, jalepeno, etc.

The service is fantastic - we ate late (10:30 after the Celtics game) and had the bar pretty much to ourselves.

Great ambiance, and could see this as a nice date venu. The bathroom doors are awesome - and pay attention to the designs as they tell you which is men's and which is women's.

We spent $90 each for this excursion. I don't usually spend that much on dinner, but it was a special occasion and we wanted to be adventurous.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were a party of four (all tourists) loving Japanese food. We read the reviews of Oishii and decided to try it out. Well the reviews were absolutely right. It is an incredible experience. We were lucky as they did not have a table we were asked if we wanted to sit at the Sushi Bar and this choice turned out to be the best possible.
We were enchented by the presentation of food as well as the freshness and taste of the ingredients. The atmosphere was great, the dishes are a Japanese slightly glam re-visited version, but all very good. In particular the Shrimps Maki was delicious. I highly recommend it. I look forward to coming back to Boston and visiting Oishii again