“Spectacular Sushi - "interesting desert"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oishii Boston

Oishii Boston
Reserve with OpenTable
Oishii Boston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: E Berkeley St
Transit: Silver line E Berkeley Stop
Cramerton, North Carolina
“Spectacular Sushi - "interesting desert"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a wonderful time here TWICE in two days with groups. The sushi is unparalleled. I usually keep it simple with a spicy tuna roll and try some house specials. I was amazed at the tuna which literally melts. It is a fantastic experience. My only caution is desert ordering. The deserts are amazing, don't get me wrong - but the item I ordered as ice cream came out with an artful touch which looked like a giant condom. The entire table laughed so hard we were crying. I'm not sure that was the response the chef was looking for . . . but the desert was still outstanding. After a few bottles of wine, it was hard (no pun intended) to not chuckle at the presentation. Two outstanding thumbs up. Make sure you try the hot rock wagu beef as well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Prince George, Canada
“WoW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for Lunch at 1pm because that is when they open. Service was very professoinal and extremley knowledgable. The food was an amazing experience. The presentation of all the dishes we recieved on the omakasi menu was stunning. The quality and the flavor was amazing! Highly recommend!

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Second time at Oishii: second time delighted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We wondered if they could impress us again. We had sushi in many great places around the world and believe we know what we are talking about. Oishii did it again with sushi of exception, different and incredibly tasty. Service was excellent, present when needed but not overwhelming. We will certainly make it a tradition to go there again next time in Boston. However, quality has a price and it is pricey but in my view well worth it.

Visited January 2013
“Unconventional and not oishii”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Sashimi was okay but sushi was unconventional and definitely not oishii. Overall, foods there to me were results of someone's desire to be creative and different gone bad. Apparently things seemed okay to my son and daughter-in-law, though. Different taste for different generation?

Raleigh, North Carolina
“BEST sushi I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Sushi + decadence= OISHII!!

We were visiting Boston for the first time, and found this place on Yelp. We made a reservation for lunch and were seated immediately when we came in. I had the Hamachi Truffle Maki and my partner had the HUGE lunch special. Both were amazing! Everything was super fresh and extremely attractive!

Definitely recommend this place!

Visited November 2012