Nolan House B&B
$278
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$291
$260
$328
$280
  • Pool
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$341
$229
  • Room Service
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$211
$386
$245
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsyogurtevery morningthird floorqueen anne roomincluded eggsgracious hostsquiet areanice breakfastroom was clean and comfortablesubway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Nolan House in South Boston for 4 nights while attending a conference. It was convenient to the BCEC if you do not mind a 20 minute walk (which I welcomed). The #9 bus into Boston was 1/3 block away. I found the place homey; it was interesting to see the variety of pictures and personal collections. You must be prepared to climb stairs. John was accomodating and friendly. Breakfast is a slightly expanded continental breakfast. If you do not like staying in cookie-cutter hotels, enjoy being in a neighborhood, and are flexible about walking or taking public transportation, this is a good place. I would go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed one week at the Nolan House for a meeting at the BCEC. I was really happy with my choice. The hosts were extremely friendly and had great care of guests.
It was nice to talk each morning during the breakfast, that was carefully prepared. I had plenty of choice and especially appreciated home made cake and organic fruit.
The room was spacious and comfortable with a very comfortable bed.
It was like being at home.
Twenty minutes walk to the BCEC, you can easily reach the metro line by bus or walking (15 min).
Should I go back to Boston, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at the Nolan House during my participation in a conference at the BCEC and was happy that I did. The hosts were very hospitable and gracious - John even woke at the crack of dawn the morning I left in order to have coffee and some breakfast waiting for me. I enjoyed meeting other house guests, all of whom were attending the same meeting, and was especially glad to have somewhere so pleasant to escape to that was not mere steps away from the convention floor. South Boston, which I had no prior experience of, was also lovely.

Except for some building construction on the route to and from the BCEC (a development which looks close to being complete) and a slightly disconcerting temperature change in the shower one morning (a function of competing simultaneous demands on the plumbing) I had no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights during early October. It was our first experience and we hope it will not be our last. Our room was comfortable. We loved the convenience of the nearby bus stop but also the easy walk to the metro stop. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Thank you so much to the gracious host of this lovely home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Betty J
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband was in Boston for a conference and stayed at the Nolan's House. The cheapest hotel room available in the area close to the conference center was $350+tax= more than $400 a day but Nolan's House price was a lot more affordable. Interior of the house is very unique in decorations. You fill like you are going back in time machine, 60-70 years back. Very clean with great design. John was very friendly. He also liked the quiet Irish neighborhood. He recommends this house.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is probably better because of private bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business