“Walking Distance to Freedom Trail”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We drove from VA and went up to see the NCAA Lacrosse Championships at Gillette Stadium. Got the Hotwire room on the 4th Fl, across the street from the fire station, so sometimes you'll hear the sirens in the middle of the night. Room was clean, fine for us since we were never in the hotel except to sleep. Valet parking was $40 for 24 hours so be prepared to pay. Gillette was about 25 miles away and you have to go on a main thoroughfare so if it's rush hour, make time to go there. Freedom Trail is within waling distance, be prepared to walk alot, or take a taxi back from Bunker Hill back to hotel. It's also down the street from the Children's Museum. Hotel is pricey but clean and modern so if you just want a posh stay at a cheap price go to Hotwire or Priceline.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MomTravelsWithBoys
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Boston

Reviewed May 24, 2009

I went down to Boston for a Bachlorette party and we booked two rooms at this hotel with hotwire.com. The hotel is very easy to find. Right along the Harbor on Atlantic Avenue. 2 minutes from South Station and 10 minutes from Down Town Crossing station. Staff was friendly and check in was quick. Our room was on the 7th floor, corner room, right across from the fire station. We had a room with two queen beds which were sooo comfortable and soft. The bathrooms were the best part.... separate tub and shower. The tub is a huge soaker tub. Everything was very nice, new and clean. The location was central to everything. Fanuiel hall was a short walk and even shorter cab ride away. Check out time was a little earlier, would have been nicer if it was later.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank tripreviewer4
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I went to this hotel with some friends in December to get away for the weekend and to spend an early holiday with them. We booked our trip directly through the hotels website. We arrived to the hotel and parked the car @ $39.00 per night, tipped the bellhop and realized that before ever stepping into our room we spent $100.00. This hotel is close to the Italian district and close to Quincy Market, so if you enjoy walking you can get to either area in a short period of time. The hotel has a beautiful pool and is situated directly on the waterway. The area is quite nice, the rooms are clean and well maintained, the price for the hotel is expensive even for Boston. The weekend cost $600.00 for the hotel with parking, which is not a cheap getaway. I would look around for better pricing or even consider other hotels in the area which may offer better pricing and less money for the extras such as parking, internet, etc.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I had previously stayed at this hotel in March of 2009; it was a clean, modern, and an exceptional service establishment. Upon my return home from that initial stay I even sent an email complimenting the front desk service to the manager. After that satisfying stay I was more than glad to book a room for an upcoming business trip. I travel over 150 nights a year and never have I had an issue or a problem with my preferred travel partner Marriott, but decided to stay at the Intercontinental after my last visit. The morning of my trip my client called and canceled my meeting, this was not a problem as this occasionally happens. So I immediately contacted the airline and the rental car company to cancel my travel arrangements, both did so without any questions. Then I contacted the Intercontinental, they then told me that they have a strict 24-hour cancelation policy and that there was nothing they could do. I spoke to the reservation manager and the front desk manager and both told me there was nothing they could do. I then immediately contacted the IHG customer support line and they tried very hard to provide some resolution but the hotel would not budge for them. All of this being said in today’s tough economic times I am sure that very few leisure travelers will pay the rather high prices they charge, so I assume that 90 percent of their customers during the week are business travelers. So please be fully aware that this hotel would rather keep my one night stay than refund it to keep a frequent traveler's business. Good luck with any dealings with this most unaccommodating organization.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank sivarttom
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This was our second stay at the Intercontinental both times using Hotwire or Priceline.I still think it was a bit pricey for the month of March, approx. $248 plus taxes. We were however very pleased with the size of the room and they were able to accommodate us with two beds.
The North End really isn,t that far of a walk for people that have no walking problems and there are plenty of restaurants in the North End.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Thank BugletMa.
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We booked this hotel through Hotwire, and loved it. I didn't mind that they charged for internet as we travel with a laptop and a broadband card, and our own small coffeepot: most high end hotels don't provide a coffeepot. I loved the details in the hotel: the doorbell for the room, the 'do not disturb' that was controlled inside the room [ever stayed somewhere that a kid put their sign on your room for kicks???} and just the lovely decor. We had a corner room with a great view; I didn't feel as though they discriminated against us because of getting the room on Hotwire; and the room was huge. I've stayed in places where the whole room was smaller than the Intercontinental's bathroom! We didn't eat in the hotel restaurants but they looked great. The short walk to the T was a great feature, as we don't keep a rental car when visiting Boston.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I stayed here two years ago in july and it was an incredible time! The location is great, tons of restaurants and shopping all within great walking distance. The rooms are great with flat screen tv's and comfortable beds, the bathrooms are beautiful along with the decore. The restaurant is incredible considering the chef is Two-star Michelin Chef Jacques Chibois. (presentation and flavour of food was stunning) In my mind this is a 5 star hote with the best service i have ever experienced in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business