“Wow!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our second visit to the Intercontinental Boston, this time for a working weekend in July. I arrived early and was allowed to check in with no trouble. Beautiful king room with all hookups needed for Wi-Fi - free for loyalty members who also receive a 2:00 PM check out. The staff is friendly and helpful. A big bowl of fresh fruit is kept well stocked on the front desk. The hotel is modern and stunning but at the same time seems intimate and low-key. Dinner at Miel on Friday and Saturday was outstanding. We enjoyed it on the terrace overlooking beautiful gardens and waterway. All wait staff members were excellent but waiter Stephen deserves special recognition. His knowledge of the menu and perfect suggestions for appetizers, entrees, and dessert prompted me to seek his advice for the whole meal on the second night of our stay. He did not disappoint! I'll never forget the Moules Frites - my two dining companions couldn't help but dig in to my succulent pile of tender mussels. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear 808foodfan,

It is so great to read your review, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I can’t tell you how great it is to read all of your comments – from the fresh fruit at arrival and loyalty program recognition, to your dinner and service both nights in Miel. I hope you will return again soon for another great visit and of course, additional orders of Moules Frites!

All the best,

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were quite pleased with our first visit to the Intercontinental Boston. We arrived by water taxi on a perfectly gorgeous day and were greeted by desk attendant, Prazol, who could not have been kinder. We choose a "city view" room but might choose water view on the next trip. The accommodations were roomy enough and well appointed. The glass division between the bathroom and bedroom is, in a word, just WEIRD. This is the second hotel we have stayed in that had this feature. It might sound good in theory but it provides very little privacy. When I got up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom the bathroom light lit up the whole room and woke up my husband. NOT COOL. Trendy maybe but not cool. The hotel breakfast is ridiculously over priced and not particularly good. Let me recommend that you head around the corner to Sorrel (behind Trade) and get a yummy breakfast sandwhich or pastry for a fraction of the cost.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are actually not high enough to enjoy much of a city view.
Green Features: When I am on vacation I want a clean towel. End of story.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ScotchnSoda1,

Thank you for staying with us earlier this month. The water taxi is a great way to get here and I’m glad that the weather cooperated! I’m sorry that you did not like the window between the bedroom and bathroom and hope that it did not have too much of a negative effect on your visit. Our breakfast menu is competitively priced but I am glad to know that you enjoyed Sorelle bakery + café next door; we certainly agree that it is a great alternative to a sit down breakfast or brunch. Many thanks for providing your feedback; we are glad to have hosted you on your visit to Boston!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have stayed at the Intercontinental Boston many times and have never had a bad experience. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I love the city of Boston and the hotel is very centrally located to all areas and the property is just beautiful. I have even joined the IHG rewards club and that has been fantastic as well. The room service is very good, fast and portions are good. The rooms are modern and spacious. This is my girlfriends favorite hotel.

I do wish the pillows were a little firmer for my liking. Other than that the Intercontinental Boston is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Boston. I know ill be back!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. either the water view or city view both sides are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear mrj c,

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback, thank you for continuing to stay with us again and again! Our staff is so glad to receive the compliments and I’m thrilled that you've been enjoying the benefits of our IHG Rewards Club. I would be more than happy to arrange for alternative pillows on the occasion of your next visit – please shoot me an email at the address below so that we can have that organized for you!

Perth
Reviewed July 19, 2014

As Australians travelling through the US, we booked the Intercontinental Boston at the last minute, on our way back to NYC from Cape Cod.

We have previously stayed at the Fairmont in Boston and are Four Seasons folk, but have been looking for an opportunity to try an InterContinental. Secured a great rate online and booked, then decided to stay two nights but couldn't get the same rate for the 2nd night. Our attendant on check-in was extremely polite and efficient and quickly discovered a better rate for us.

The hotel is large but not without soul and substance; our room was enormous and extremely well appointed. Huge bathroom. Great firmness to the bed. All the amenities you'd expect of a hotel of this caliber.
The gym is fantastic - plenty of cardio, weights and machine options.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel once (there are an abundance of dining options within walking distance) and unfortunately it was a little sub-par. There's a great coffee place/cafe around the corner on Congress St as an alternate - delicious barista coffee and plenty of light eat options.

Of particular mention was the service in general, but specifically on one occasion: I'd asked the Concierge if the kitchen did hot fudge sundae and, while it wasn't on the menu, he liaised with the chef to have one created and sent to our room; free of charge.

Outstanding.

9/10: recommend and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Marika_G,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Australia! We are honored to have been the first InterContinental that you've stayed at and I’m so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. I appreciate all of your compliments about our amenities and quality of service – our concierge team is truly one of a kind. Many thanks for taking the time to review us and recommending us to others.

Guezou
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed one night while using HOTWIRE. At first I was expecting another hotel so i was a bit disappointed but it was a huge surprise. First the people at the hotel were great : we were 4 so they gave us a bigger room, even adding another bed for our kid to sleep in. It was done very fast and without any hassle. Tired from a long plane ride we order Room service : great food and arrived exactly on time (not always the case !!). the swimming pool was very agreeable while we used it t 6 AM the mroning after and the bathrooms are very comfy.

So a great stay and willc ross my fingers to get it if using Hotwire again in Boston.

Keep on the good work !

a little sour note though : wifi is not free ..

Room Tip: try to have a room ficing the city even if you will face the fire department.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guezou,

What a wonderful review to read, thank you so much for the great feedback! I’m very happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us on this occasion and that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel choice through Hotwire. While this can be a gamble, it is often a great way to experience alternative options. Please know that we do offer complimentary wi-fi for all members of IHG Rewards Club – our loyalty program which is free to join. Should you choose to book directly through the hotel you may earn points for your stay as well! Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ron Bigos was our server for the night and he was amazing!!! So timely, so helpful, always attentive, very sweet - rock star!!!! He helped look after multiple guests that I was with, came bk quickly with drinks, so responsive and great!!

• Stayed July 2014
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Diana615wood,

Thank you for joining us at RumBa featuring Five-10 Waterfront the other night! I’ll be sure to pass along your wonderful compliments to Ron and his team; we greatly appreciate your review and hope you join us again soon.

Albany, NY
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel and loved the convenience. No boston city traffic drive to get here its immediately off the highway of I90. Room was spacious, very large (48"?) flat panel TV. Room light and electrical outlets could have been better but the rooms are fine. Great sushi bar in hotel. Was there for business conference and meals served by hotel for breakfast and lunch were all very good, ESP boxed sandwiches. Thought parking fees were excessive (44 day) on top of room rate but maybe that's common for boston. For that price they should have had free charging stations for hybrid cars which they did not.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear DenyseAlbany,

Many thanks for your great review. We are fortunate to be in such a great location off the highway as you mentioned and especially to be situated on right on the Fort Point Channel. Our brand new 55-inch televisions have proven quite popular, thank you for pointing this out as well! Our culinary and banquets teams are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all of your dining experiences throughout your visit; we appreciate your staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.