“Very nice hotel, for a price!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at which a reduced rate was offered, otherwise I'm sure I never would have thought to come here. It is a beautiful hotel, luxuriously appointed, and I'm sure it is at the top of lots of (rich) people's lists to stay. The waitstaff were courteous for the most part other than two front desk personnel who were a bit on the curt/rude side. The room has a lovely stand-alone tub with what seems to be unlimited hot water and a glass shower stall as well. The bed was quite comfortable and the tv was absolutely enormous. I have had fluffier towels at other (cheaper) hotels though, I have to say. I had thought the room was very well sound-proofed, but I did get woken up twice by slamming doors, which I think must have come from the service elevators. Plugs for various electronics are abundant and the lights can all, I think, be controlled with one bedside button. Curbside personnel were very helpful and seemed quite cheerful.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the street if you like city views. The opposite side of the hotel overlo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,686)

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We were so pleased with our stay at the Intercontinental in Boston! We were unfortunately only there one night but were so thrilled with the quality of the hotel and the luxurious bedroom! It was the biggest room we have stayed in throughout America, and very classy and lots of amenities. The view from our room was beautiful - looking out to the city. The room was a little noisy with that view though as we were on the main road.

The staff were phenomenal. Very friendly and welcoming. An absolute pleasure to deal with them.

They have 3 bars located on site too. Also nice to relax after a long day overlooking the waterfront.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Larns11,

On behalf of our entire team here at InterContinental Boston, thank you very much for the outstanding review. We are very lucky to have such superb staff and hotel facilities. It sounds like you enjoyed the many food & beverage our hotel has to offer including al fresco dining overlooking the Fort Point Channel. Many thanks for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We recently stayed at the intercontinental in the Seaport area and the location is fantastic. The hotel is beautiful, staff were as helpful and professional as you can get. The rooms were great, the food was very good, and over all it made our stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaport view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear cfis2014,

It is so great to know that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is our pleasure to provide such wonderful experiences for our guests and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the food offerings. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Ever stayed in some of the “rooms” (more like closets) many downtown Boston hotels offer? The InterContinental’s rooms are good sized, in fact their bathroom is the size of a hotel room right up the street…

Let’s start with the rooms:
High-end, upgraded room. Very comfortable beds, very clean room. Good sized flat screen tv’s (40inch maybe). Bathrooms, as mentioned, are huge. Tub and stand up shower (in my room at least). Plenty of pillows of all types. Though I can’t remember if they had normal sized pillows or those annoying mini’s other places have. Great view.

Location: A couple blocks down from Quincy Market/Financial District/Aquarium. AKA, GREAT location for most.

Lobby/General areas: High-end.

Parking: Solid, typical. We went valet, car was ready very quickly.

They ONLY thing that stopped this from getting a perfect rating was my check in. Took forever (over 30 mins). Fortunately I wasn't in a rush, as I had a work meeting and the family was at the aquarium. And the staff was trying VERY hard to figure out what was going on with their computers. They weren't indifferent to how long it was taking, but it did take forever. Not a typical check in and I will be back.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank declue

Dear declue,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston for your recent visit and sharing your experience with us. I can assure you the long wait at check-in is not a common occurrence and regret that it was your first impression of our hotel. I’m glad to know you will be back and we look forward to providing a quick arrival process and full 5-star experience.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We chose The Intercontinental hotel for it's reputation and it's convenient location in the Seaport area. Our experience was perfect from the minute we dropped our car to the valet to the time we checked out. Everyone was helpful but not overbearing. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant (Miel), the food was delicious and the service was knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant has outside, water view seating (we didn't sit outside since it was raining). We also had breakfast tat Miel as well. The hotel is close to the T - either South Station (red), Seaport (silver) or Aquarium (blue) or you can just walk downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Fort Point Channel have a great view and are away from Atlantic Ave. We found the...
1  Thank Alex08011
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a quick trip up to Boston for a comedy show. We only stayed one night but would have loved to stay longer. The attention to detail was evident, our corner room on the 12th floor was lovely, the bathroom was very luxurious, my husband loved the gym, it really was a 5 star experience all around. When in Boston again we will certainly repeat with a stay at InterContinental.

Dear hwood05,

Thank you for your great review; I hope that next time you will stay with us even longer to enjoy the offerings of our hotel and the surrounding area even more. Your feedback and compliments are much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Good location next to south street station. Beautiful lobby and very welcoming after a long flight or train ride into the city. The suite we were in was very comfortable and the staff were fantastic. Friendly, knowledgable and know how to treat tourists. My husband and I ordered room service, and the steak was a little overcooked, however we strait away had a sincere apology and an amendment to the bill. This is great service any time of day. Will definitely stay here again next time I come to Boston. Very much recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Starawneh,

The title of your review is music to our ears! While I am very sorry to hear that your steak was overcooked in the first place, your acknowledgment that these things do happen and the opportunity to recover is truly appreciated. Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston for your visit, we look forward to welcoming you back again!