“Romantic Night in Boston”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Romantic Night in Boston”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I both had our respective holiday parties in Boston on a Friday night. My company was holding our event at a steak house right on Atlantic Ave in downtown Boston. We live a ways out of the city so we decided to get a room for the night. We chose The Intercontinental at first simply because of its proximity to my company's event (across the street). After staying there I can tell you that I won't be staying anywhere else in Boston! The immediate things that come to my mind when I think of the Intercontinental are the service, the room, the location and the atmosphere. The service was incredible; we checked in early before the parties to freshened up a bit. They took our bags up quickly and efficiently and seemed genuinely happy we were there to stay with them. With our room (which I was unaware of) we got drinks in the lounge downstairs and free breakfast / brunch. The accommodations themselves were fantastic, clean room, soft sheets, immaculate bathroom, and it smelled amazing. I'm a big fan of rooms that smell fresh when you enter them. I'm the kind of person that, right off the bat, if there is stale air or some sort of odor (even if it isn’t necessarily off putting) I think my stay is off on the wrong foot. And although this may seem abstract, this room had fresh air. It was conveniently located in Boston not only to the attractions and our parties, but also to the highway to get home. I highly recommend anyone staying in / around downtown Boston to consider the polite staff, beautiful rooms, superior atmosphere and unbeatable location of The Intercontinental.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam D
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Sam D,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! Your sentiment reflects exactly the way we hope each and every guest feels after staying at InterContinental Boston. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service which I thank you for recognizing; the fresh scent and cleanliness of our rooms are a credit to the housekeeping team and I will be sure to share your comments with them as well. We hope to welcome you back again very soon and are thrilled to be your first choice hotel in Boston!

All the best,

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to do a staycation at the Intercontinental Boston a couple weeks before New Years Eve(we live in town). Our goal was to catch the fireworks over the bay, but we actually couldn't see anything from our room (even though we had a good view of Fort Point channel). However, this wasn't too problematic as the InterContinental is <5 minute walk to Boston Harbor Hotel, where we had a great view of the fireworks display.

As far as the InterContinental itself, our room was superb and the bathroom was spacious and comfortable, however I do have one complaint. This may have just been because it was NYE,but the bar downstairs was extremely loud and noisy. The hotel brought in a DJ, and packed the place with people welcoming in the new year, but I understand that it's probably a pretty profitable night for them and probably doesn't happen too often so I can't complain too much.

We ordered room service for breakfast which was pretty average. Perhaps I'm not used to hotel pricing, but for the amount of money we paid for our meal I was really expecting quite a bit higher quality food.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I could afford it, but it's a higher end hotel with a higher end price tag, just keep that in mind.

Room Tip: Look over the Fort Point Channel, it's a very romantic view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Matthew M,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Boston, and for choosing our hotel to celebrate the New Year! I’m glad you were able to view the fireworks from just down the street; it is nice to be so close to the views. You are correct that the noise level in the lobby and bar was escalated due to the holiday – I hope this did not inconvenience you or your girlfriend too much. Furthermore, I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room service food quality; I have addressed this with the chef and his staff and we truly regret that you felt this way. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on the occasion of your next stay so that I may personally ensure that we exceed your expectations.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a truly amazing stay!! The staff was SO helpful (I was travelling with a lady in a wheelchair) and nothing was too much trouble. Charles in the lounge couldn't have been nicer and really made us feel at home! Our room was really spacious and the bed super cosy!! The spa is really good too - and accommodating! Definitely the only place i'll be staying next time I'm in Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Favorite city in the world, favorite Intercontinental Hotel. Right on the water, 2 blocks from 2 of the best seafood places in Boston (James Hook and Barking Crab). Rooms are excellent and the views are decent as well. Definitely get the intercontinental breakfast package, its worth it. Great walking and biking city, grab a bike off the hubway and head to the north end for some Mike's.

Room Tip: The fire station on the other side of the park can be a bit noisy, get a water view room if this mig...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike B,

It is such a pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here with us. Thank you for your loyalty to InterContinental Boston, we hope to see you again soon!

London
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed for only one night at this hotel, but the service and room provided was enough to make me regret not staying for a lot more time. The InterContinental is well located and provided a 5 star service since we arrived. The room was really big, modern with nice views from our large windows. The room was also quite clean. The location of the hotel close to subway stops is a big plus. Would definitely stay at this hotel again and will recommend to anyone going to Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am from Mississippi, I had never been to Boston, Massachusetts until I arrived there on January 12, 2014 and checked in at the front desk at The InteContinental in Boston, Massachusetts. I was greeted by (2) two ladies whose names are Sarah and Anna. These ladies were courteous, kind, gracious, professional and outstanding ladies, respectively. These ladies represented the very best as to what the InterContinental hopes to achieve when someone like me, visits a place for the first time and stays at the Intercontinental for the first time. I was blessed to have met Sarah and Anna. I believe each and every day is the best day and for two days, I was truly blessed. Since I am from the South and this being my first trip to Boston, Massachusetts these two ladies were as if God had allowed these ladies to become my guardian angels during my stay at the InterContinental in Boston. The room, the pillows, the bed and the room, fantastic. I never sleep when I go to another state. I started watching the television, then woke up at it was Monday, January 13, 2014. I am a simple man, and it is the people, and not the fancy building and/or the structure that make the difference. I am a bit old fashioned and I understand there are not too many people like me around, because when I first arrived I was greeted as Mr. Armstrong. I know most people prefer that, but not me, so Sarah and Anna greeted me as Mr. Gary, and that was beautiful, but Gary would have sufficed. I know my accent was a bit different that what most are accustomed to in Boston, but given that most persons are concerned about themselves first and other’s second, Sarah and Anna are not of this manner. I will be taking another trip to New Orleans, Louisiana on February 28, 2014 and I will be staying at the InterContinental. I changed my original stay from another hotel to the InterContinental. The InterContinental in Boston, Massachusetts is worth every second and every minute because of persons like Sarah and Anna, and there was another lady from Germany who was very nice and two gentlemen, one was Adam and I do not recall the other gentlemen’s name, but each were very gracious to me. Overall, everyone I met seemed to enjoy me being there more then me enjoying my being there. Additionally, I met the Ambassador and the Concierge, I never met an Ambassador or Concierge before. I was humbled and thankful for my visit and if I have a need to go to Boston again, I will stay at the InterContinental.

Room Tip: The 11th floor room 1102 is the best room, I stayed in this room, so I should know.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2014

When planning our company's holiday party, a big challenge we undergo is picking the 'perfect' venue every year. It's always held in a different spot and we really aim for something and someplace people will remember. In 2010, I selected Rumba -The Champagne Lounge at the Intercontinental and we struck gold! The Event Manager, Allison takes care of every detail in a timely, professional manner. She goes above and beyond all expectations! Her and her staff are welcoming, attentive, professional and they genuinely care about your event. The food was amazing! Our guests could not say enough about the food and the atmosphere. They rave about our event so much we have booked our holiday party there every year since 2010!! This past year we were going to switch venues fearing people may become bored with the same spot. At the last minute I booked Rumba again and we could not have been happier with the decision.
Thank you to Allison and her staff for making another party of ours most memorable!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear LauraTCC,

It is such a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and providing such positive feedback! The Champagne Lounge is truly one of a kind, and I’m thrilled that you have made it your annual holiday party spot. We appreciate your coming back year after year and hope to see you again soon.