“Nice Stay”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights after arriving into the Port of Boston off a cruise from England. We were not familiar with the lay of the land, so we rented a car. The hotel charged us 44.00 PER DAY to park the car in their lot. I would've said forget it, let's park it somewhere else, but any parking in Boston is outrageous for one day occupancy.

The hotel itself was centrally located near the harbor. It was a few miles from the airport, but they had water taxis that could take you there between certain hours. It was nice that we were able to walk many places.

The day we arrived, we go there early, but the hotel staff tagged and stored our bags for us while we had lunch, and less than 30 minutes later, we got a phone call telling us our room was ready. It was a relief to be able to get a room before the designated check-in time, because we were exhausted from having to be up so early to wait in line to get off the ship.

The hotel staff was very accommodating, the room was huge. It was very clean as well. We ordered room service a few times while we were there too. The first order, they got wrong. However, the other times it was perfect.

Overall, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear a4zat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our proximity to both the cruise port and airport is certainly quite convenient and I’m thrilled you were able to take advantage of the City Water Taxi as well. My apologies for the original room service order mistake, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed everything else along the way and appreciate your wonderful feedback. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,731)

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the hotel the beginning of December 2013 for a few days.

Hotel location is great. Situated next to the Aquarium.

Hotel room - very nice and comfortable. Clean and spacious.

Facilities - great bar for drinks in the evenings. Breakfast was very relaxed and good choice of food.

Staff - friendly and helpful, efficient and quick service.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view is nice. I expect it would be even nicer in the summer when the sun is shini...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear smartsmiler,

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay, thank you for the nice compliments of the rooms, food, staff and location. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Boston!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Got a room via hotwire with the secret room rates. The view from the room was amazing as well as the room. The queens size bed was comfortable, the room had a sitting area with a big screen tv on the wall and a sliding window connecting to the bathroom. The bathroom was big enough to have a double sink, shower and big tub. The days i stayed there was extremely accommodated. I would recommend it again.

Room Tip: try to request a room facing the water. Completely beautiful breathtaking view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My girlfriends and I all visited the beautiful Intercontinental hotel in Boston for a girls day at the spa and it was amazing.

Not only was the spa relaxing but the girls all loved the services they received. We did not have to worry about a thing. Catering was delivered to the pool for us which was delicisious and fresh.

We swam, relaxed and felt as though time did not exist. Definitely something we will be doing again.

Thank you to the employees at the spa for such an awesome day!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
InterConBos, Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hi Nancy!

Thank you for sharing your spa experience with us. Our team is thrilled you enjoyed your spa day and everyone had a great time with your group! We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm wishes,

Kim Vaughn
Director of Spa + Fitness

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I normally stay at 4 star resorts but we decided to treat ourselves and we were very happy we did. Hotel is very close to fanuel and the harbor. Room was beautiful. Loved the bathtub! Everything about this hotel met or exceeded our expectations!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samarie713
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We live locally but wanted a place to stay in downtown Boston with a pool so we could play and swim and chill away from home. We had a very nice stay at the Intercontinental. The hotel is very clean and fresh, the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms very nicely appointed. The only downsides are there is no hot tub at the pool, and the steam rooms are in the bathrooms (so I couldn't steam with my sons and husband). The pool was a little chilly, and the people working in the spa even chillier. They made it pretty clear they don't like kids and were both suspicious and unfriendly (everywhere else in the hotel people couldn't have been nicer.) Also, the location is a little awkward. It's great for anyone working in the financial district - it was a chilly walk to Faneuil Hall and the Aquarium.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms. Higher floors are always good, but whether you look out on the wate...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CtheWorld29
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear CW29,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Boston. I am thrilled that you were pleased with your overall stay, however please accept my sincere apologies for the sentiment regarding the spa and pool area. We pride ourselves on being a family-friendly hotel and I truly regret if this was not your impression. I appreciate your feedback and have addressed the concerns with the appropriate managers. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience, we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed one night in May. We parked in the underground garage. In the lobby, we stood in line to check-in at the front desk. For the cost of the expensive room, I shouldn't have to stand in line as though I'm at a Holiday Inn. It was a cattle call at the front desk. It was on a weekend and a lot of people were in the lobby lounging, mingling and checking in. The lobby was modern-looking, cold bare. The guest room was spacious with a couch sitting/TV area and desk. The bed was comfortable. There wasn't anything exceptional about the room. It was sparsely decorated, boring. However, the bathroom was very nice. Great water pressure. My first impression and last impression of the hotel was "This is business person's hotel." So corporate-like!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Childrens Museum. It was quiet...no noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear TrueReview10,

I am very sorry to have given you a poor impression on your stay with us last May. Our goal is to be an urban resort and we do have some exciting changes to the lobby planned for the beginning of this year. I regret that the check-in process took longer than anticipated due to our high occupancy at the time; our front desk team does make every effort to welcome guests efficiently in these instances, and I have passed on your feedback to our management team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I truly hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Boston.