“Very Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I (from Australia) recently stayed at the ICH Boston. We can thoroughly recommend the Hotel. The room was very nice and quiet and overlooked the 'Boston Tea Party'.
The hotel has a great atmosphere. Each night we had a drink in the bar which was busy and very cheerful. As well we had access to the Club Lounge and enjoyed our drinks and canapés with the very attentive staff. The staff were very professional and helpful at all times. It is in a good location by the water and within walking distance of major sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kimberton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2013

As a Meeting Planner for a major mutual funds company, I host many meetings and events in Boston. This hotel is new and the water views are fantastic! The people who work there are very friendly and accommodate all my needs. Sometimes they know what I want before I even ask. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is thinking of holding a meeting in Boston. Starting with the sales department, Dana Zayas, then moving on to the CSM, Christina Monkevicz, the pre-event process is always so smooth. Once the meeting is taking place, the bell staff is there to greet you and the front desk manager Edward, and his staff of friendly faces are a delight to check in with. The Banquet team is fantastic. Banquest Managers, Carolyn, Veronica and Shashi make sure everything runs smoothly. Their team members, Robin, Marcelo, John, and Mala to name a few, are efficient and extremely helpful.

I would recommend anyone looking to host a quality event with little ease to book their event with the InterContinental Boston. Just please check with me first, so you don't take my space!! : )

Room Tip: The water front rooms have a fabulous view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Warwick, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the night after the red sox game , the food is great , the hotel is beautiful and smells so good as you walk in .
The rooms are clean and the employees are really helpful and nice .
We came in at 3am after the game & was hungry ,room service was still open & ready to provide what you want . That was a plus for us !
The view of the city of Boston was just beautiful ,nothing better waking up to a beautiful fall day in Boston .
We give this hotel 5 stars !
&
Go Red Sox ! World Series Baby !

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. From the Valet to the front desk staff they had us in our room in a matter of minutes. The whole team was very pleasant and efficient.

We booked a Club floor room that includes Wi-Fi, a great breakfast, canapés and drinks. The staff at the Club Lounge was great and their service was amazing.

The room was clean, well appointed, and the soaker tub was a nice extra. Always nice to have a BS free holiday, well done Intercontinental Boston!

Room Tip: Spent a little extra and go for Club room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear John W,

It is truly a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, we hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Boston again very soon!

Louisiana
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. From the time you enter the front door and look all the way through to the waterfront patio you know you have made the right choice.
We have never been to Boston and read so many opinions about location, we were so pleased that we decided on this waterfront property. You could walk anywhere within minutes.
This trip was in honor of my mothers birthday so, I called the hotel and asked if they could do anything special for her and boy did they! Mom was upgraded to a water view room, a fruit tray was in her room upon arrival and the second day they delivered a delicious slice of cake with Happy Birthday written on the plate along with a bottle of champagne, all compliments of the hotel.
Upgrade to the club ambassadors room if possible, the level of service in this room is just over the top. Charles is not only an ambassador of the hotel but of Boston itself.
If you are riding the fence.....book this property. You will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view, so beautiful at night with all of the colored lights!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
indiana
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here with a group for a wedding reception. The hotel was beautiful but check in chaotic. We all had made our reservations months in advance, yet some rooms were not given out until after four. I believe if you've had a long standing reservation should be given priority for location and check in. Not "first come first serve". Also if you request and pay extra for a waterfront view be aware that there is no differentiation in their computer between a hang out your window view of water or a real waterfront view. I refused our first room (room 1115) because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a waterfront view when none existed in that room! Also there were no bathrobes. I understand an employee of the hotel was having their wedding at this hotel and that seemed to greatly influence the quality of rooms given to our event. We were all scattered over different floors, and no preferences given to their hotel rewards members. We usually stay at Mariotts and we definitely will continue to do so in Boston. The room service is extremely slow and my order wasn't complete. On a good note, the bathrooms are very nice and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Every waterfront room Does not have a water view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear 767co,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your recent stay. Our standard check-in time is 3:00pm and I regret that you or members of your group were unable to check-in prior to 4pm. Please know that we aim to accommodate all guests upon arrival, regardless of when they made their reservation. Furthermore, based feedback such as yours, we have already begun the process of re-classifying some of our room types to better meet guest expectations; we are making every effort to clearly differentiate our rooms and rates. I would also like to assure you that both weddings in-house were allocated rooms based on what the guests booked.
We do value each and every guest here at InterContinental Boston, and if there is anything that you feel did not meet your expectations with regard to the IHG Rewards Club program I would truly appreciate any further feedback. I would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next visit to Boston so that I may personally assist with your reservation.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I think i got off on the wrong foot with this place when i checked in... the lady behind the counter confirmed my booking as an executive room with ocean view (or wording that was something similar), then in the next breath said there were none of these rooms avaible so she would move me to the "city side".. I can say i honestly didnt care until she made the point of reading out what i had booked and then straight away saying she couldnt do that. I immeadiately said i wanted a room to match my booking... just as i was annoyed.. i know thats small but why would you read it out if you couldnt do it ! She then typed for about 5 minutues and finally announced that i could have a room that matched my booking. Upon going to my room i found it had probably the most limited sea view possible in the property !..so yes she won anyway. The motel is obviously quite expensive and i also found it annoying that you had to pay for WiFi !.. you could walk out the place and 5 mins be at the market where it was free !!! I had to get some washing done and one item was misplaced, after about 5 calls to housekeeping over 3 days it was eventually found... apparently my description of a white t shirt with the word Canada in red writing on the front was vague and confusing !

It is in a good spot and the rooms are very good.. just that all the things above annoyed me with a property that is obviously quite expensive.

The bed, bathroom etc are all fantastically comfortable and i am sure most of my frsutrations wouldnt occur to other guests... except the WiFi ... seriously this should be free !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and I am very sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced upon your recent stay. Both the room confusion at check-in and the fact that your laundry was temporarily misplaced are simply inexcusable and you are correct that your stay could have (rather should have) been better. We strive to provide our guests with consistent, top-notch service and I sincerely apologize that this did not happen on your recent visit.
I thank you for your complimentary comments about our guestrooms and bathrooms and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Boston so that we have another chance to exceed your expectations!