“super hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“super hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

we spent a nice relaxing couples weekend here. arrived early on Saturday and there was a room available for early check in. the hotel is very upscale and contemporary. nice views of the harbor and well maintained grounds. nice pool, however a bit too cool. the breakfast buffet was very well done, with refills on the juice included. staff was very nice and accommodating. while the bath is unusual it is very large. the opening into the room allows a soak in the deep tub and still able to view the tv.

my only complaint was with the parking. the garage is not part of the hotel. after paying for my car and arriving to get it, I was informed that I owed another $20 because I had gone over the 24 hours. I was told I had an hour lee way to pick it up. we were 32 minutes over the 24 hours. after a brief but not pleasant conversation the garage manager called the hotel. he allowed us to not pay the $20 after the call because of the hour rule. if they did not insist on a half day fee for 32 minutes a may have paid that. I wonder how many have been scammed into this payment?

this was not our first visit to this hotel and this experience will not prevent us from returning, but I will make sure the parking is really taken care of before leaving the hotel this time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Canyon, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed for 6 days to celebrate 4th of July. First with the positives. Purchased one room through Priceline several months ago and a 2nd room (for my mother-in-law) through Booking.com a few days before our trip. Saved a lot of money on both rooms over reserving directly with the hotel. Location was great-very easy to get to the T and the South Station for Amtrak. Rooms were very nice-although beds were just ok-two full beds are not quite what I had in mind for a 5 star hotel. Very large room and fabulous bathroom were great. Housekeeping staff (esp director) were outstanding and timely and helped with some extra requests regarding laundered items. Boston is a great city and the location of this hotel is outstanding and close to many sites. The 4th in Boston is like no other. Food, sites, history and preservation of historical sites is outstanding.

Now with the negatives. Not one, but two fire alarm evacuations-the first upon our arrival and the second during our stay-really great impression for someone just arriving at the hotel and on the kids (which created some trepidation throughout our stay). Upon check-in, my mother-in-law was to pay for her room-however the hotel charged my card (not hers) a $600 "incidentals" deposit-granted this was not a hold but a charge which I guessed would be refunded 7-10 days later. I assume this was due to reservations through a 3rd-party (ie Booking.com). My wife called several times and used up parts of 2 mornings (and approx 5 people) to get this corrected (just what one wants to mess with while on vacation). In addition to the $600 issue the front desk wanted to charge us three different rates (when talking to 3-4 different people they gave us three separate amounts). We ended up having to email our Booking.com reservation in order for the hotel to honor the rate-I mean really? As you can see this was a big pain and did not leave a very good taste in our mouth for IC Boston.

In addition, we stayed on the 11th and 7th floors. Our hot water on the 11th floor was just unacceptable-what a waste of water. Each morning it required 7-10 min of running the water in the shower to get hot water. Once it was hot it was good, but I cannot fathom the amount of water this hotel wastes just for the guests to get hot water. This is not energy conscious or water efficient in any manner.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CoryBruce
ICBoston, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear CoryBruce,

Thank you for the candid feedback regarding your recent stay at InterContinental Boston. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, accommodations and service of our hotel.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarms which took place during your time here. We do take our guests' safety very seriously and must respond to every alarm as if it is an emergency until we are able to assess the situation.

I am also very sorry about the confusion regarding the incidental hold at check-in. We do take a deposit of $100 per night in addition to the full amount of room and tax, which is then released upon check-out if there are no additional charges. The amount held for incidentals is the same for all guests, regardless of the method of booking. I regret if this was not communicated clearly to you and will review this process with our Front Desk Manager.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hot water delays you experienced. The amount of time it took for your shower to heat is not the standard and we are currently in the process of resolving this issue. InterContinental Boston supports many initiatives to reduce energy consumption and conserve water, and I can assure you that we are making this repair a priority.

Ian Pullan
General Manager, InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We were heading to boston and shopped on Priceline for five star hotels. Got a great deal on the room and glad we did. The bathrooms are huge, as well as the main room. Very nicely designed and furnished. The hotel is on the water and you can go out the rear to access the waterfront walkways. Close to the aquarium and tons of restaurants. Would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Fairly new hotel. Nice grounds. Good location next to Boston Tea Party and South Station. Easy to walk to Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Theatre district, waterfront and South Boston.

Decent sized rooms, polite and curteous service. Not much to complain, a little pricey but deals to be had aon Priceline and Hotwire. Would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Good location and nice rooms - personally enjoyed the quirky design with the windows into the bathroom. I thought it was lacking a little in the 'wow' factor and, upon checking in at midnight, I was disappointed not to find any free refreshments available in the room. Ordered room service and the club sandwich was very average.

Service was absolutely 5* - Bruce who covers the graveyard shift went out of his way to make my stay as comfortable as possible right up to the very end.

Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great getaway here. Loved location and outdoor dining/bar. - right on the water. I recommend RumBa for drinks and great service. Bartender dave was excellent!
Walking distance to downtown ans waterfront. The harbor cruise is recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Netherlands

The sleep:
There’s a fire station across the street, which preoccupied me at first. Fortunately no noise problems whatsoever, from outside or inside, and I am a light sleeper.

The bath:
Just like the Intercontinental in Düsseldorf the room has no real separate bathroom. There’s a semi translucent slide-screen between the tub and the bed. For a hotel of this level, I can’t believe there’s no separate toilet with a proper door.

The food:
Good breakfast, great service with a special mention for Gilda who really went out of her way to make sure we were fine. I had a realy good granola with delicate fresh -organic?- red fruit.
SushiTeq, the in-house Japanese bar/restaurant serves the, on first view to me curious, combination of sushi and tequila. It surprised me with the good quality of the food and the very reasonable prices.

The wifi charge:
Incredible how 5* hotels still charge for wireless internet, not even a charge per room but for 2 items only. I was travelling with my partner we both use a phone, tablet, laptop computer etc. Imagine having no other option to be online…

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business