“Well....”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Well....”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Check your incidentals. They tried to hit me with a three figure mini-bar bill, but I never touched the thing.
And use cash at the lounge - I took a party for after-work food and drinks. Little under 400 bucks. Added a 100 dollar tip. Next statement showed they hit my card for another 100 later that evening.
Big, new ('07 ?), pretty but no hot tub? A big oversight in my book.

2 Thank Freddie555L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (825)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Farmington, Maine, USA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

No detail is overlooked. When you enter you are greeted by the most delicious of smells I am not sure if it is the beautiful floral arrangements or if the hotel just smells that great. The Front desk staff is efficient with your check in and very polite and helpful. The rooms are lovely, the bed was so comfortable I wanted to spend the hole week there and the rooms are really interesting. The hotel staff from the very friendly and helpful maids, to the doorman who got us a private car service for a quick ride to the North End so we didn't have to wait for a cab and then he returned to bring us back, to the management staff who we watched closely monitor someone in the bar who was getting a little loud. ( they did this with a great deal of poise while still making sure nothing got out of hand.) The management even walks around tidying up the lobby it is definitely all hands on deck here, everything is beautiful and still very relaxing. The GUEST REALLY DO COME FIRST! Check out was a breeze and of all the hotels I have stayed in while in Boston by far this is my favorite. Great place, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: There all good rooms!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very much a business hotel but with good public spaces on the ground floor, including a great terrace/bar overlooking the harbor.

Room was nice with all essentials and plenty of space, but the check in staff and concierge staff were particularly upbeat, friendly and efficient.

Will stay there again

Room Tip: Get harbor view if possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beacon94
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed this weekend for one night. Check in and check out was very smooth. It is in walking distance to the Acquarium, Children's Museum and Boston Tea Party Attraction. The room was exceptionally clean, amenities fine. Only draw back - you have to pay for water and wi-fi. The buffet breakfast was ok but could be a lot better for $25. I had an early dinner with my daughter at the Miel restaurant. I had the short ribs which melted off the bones. Staff was great. The Bell person - Belkal was fabulous. He was so helpful and accomodating. I would definitely stay here again! a 5 minute walk from South Street Station and Amtrak

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wethersfield, Connecticut
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We normally stay at Nine Zero when we visit Boston, and I wish we had this time. However, we were running a race, and wanted to be near the start/finish line, so we chose this hotel.

What a mistake. When we arrived, there were dirty towels in the bathroom, and it was obvious it had not been cleaned. It took five calls over the course of five hours to get someone up to remove the towels, and we were not moved to a new room, instead left with a bathroom that had obviously not been cleaned properly. I even spoke with someone at the front desk, who promised that the problems would be fixed by the time we returned from dinner. Needless to say, they were not.

Beyond that, the room was dingy - the carpet was frayed and stained, the comforter and duvet had a musty smell to them, and the room itself was unimpressive. There was no wall between the bathroom and bedroom, which were instead separated by a thin sliding glass door. Apparently, the designers thought people would like to watch TV from the toilet. This lack of wall has the unintended and very inconvenient effect of lighting up the entire room when someone is in the bathroom at night, which is obviously very inconvenient if you are not staying alone.

I'm posting a review because, unfortunately, there was no manager available when I checked out, or via email through the website, to whom I could address my concerns. All in all, avoid this property, it certainly does not meet the standards one normally expects from an Intercontinental property. Stay at Nine Zero, or XV Beacon, and be happy you did.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank airrmann
ICBoston, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear airrmann,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the service challenges you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to bring your disappointing experience to our attention and are sorry we did not respond appropriately to your complaints. The experience you have described in no way reflects the high standards of cleanliness and service that we strive to achieve. I have shared your comments with our hotel management team and we are diligently working on ways to improve in these areas. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please email me at your convenience at michael.ditterline@ihg.com. We appreciate your candid feedback and hope you will consider staying with us the next time you visit Boston.

Michael Ditterline
Director of Rooms, InterContinental Boston
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband & I stayed for 4 nights. He had a conference to attend & I was going to enjoy the sights. The hotel lobby is fresh & modern and our room was surprisingly large, well appointed & best of all, quiet. The staff at the hotel is very friendly & attentive. The concierge was helpful in answering a number of questions regarding various sights I was planning to see. He also provided me with his business card in case additional questions came up during my daily "walkabouts" of the city. I would highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler or couples.

Room Tip: Request a room high up & ask for a view.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. Comfortable rooms with an incredible bathroom. I would recommend the hotel without reservation.

My only complaint is what happened to turn down service? Fresh towels and a quick run through the room are an important component to a truly five star hotel. This is my second experience in a week in a top notch hotel where there wasn't turn down. Hotels must be starting to cut it out. Too bad, we all lose.